• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need 2.5 ton rockwells in ILLINOIS

mrblue4274

Hi everyone, glad to have found this awesome site so this is my first post and I hope someone can help out. I'm looking for some 2.5 ton rockwell toploaders in Illinois for reasonable price. I'm located in Springfield IL and so far have not been able to locate any close, ebay has a few but I dont wanna pay shipping for long distance, hoping to find some local to Illinois, I don't mind a little bit of a drive, couple hundred miles or so. Any help is appreciated guys, lets see what you can come up with, thanks in advance
Alan

I can be contacted at mrblue4274@aol.com

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might be a little further drive than you wanted but I've got about 18 sets near Minneapolis. Brakes removed or not, your choice.

mrblue4274

What kind of prices you guys talking ? Ideally I'd love to get two steer axles for the right price, but I know the steer axles are always more than the staright rear, anyway if you guys could e-mail me some prices then I'll be able to justify the road trip it might take for me to get them. COEDER in your case delivering to me would be a GODSEND, but I'm sure price is gonna reflect that luxury. Again thanks for all the replies, I can't beleive how on the ball you guys are, this task that appeared to be so hard is starting to look easier,
Alan

ucfjeeper

price always depends on where they are, how bad the seller needs money, and condition. Down here in FL people treat them like gold - mostly because there aren't to many liquidation sites or places that have a lot of deuces and people have to travel to get them. When they do - they get a few sets and want to profit off of them when they get back. Around here if you can get a set for 1200 - your doing good. Rears usually go in the range of $300 or so, fronts are about 8-900.

USMC-5.9ISB

hey looking for 2.5 ton axles in e.c. wi area can I get your phone and location and prices. new to this site building '53 ihc R-180 model with DT 360 IHC out of school bus or possible Cummins repower, AT 545 allison Auto, divorsed NP205

country

Supporting Vendor
We have 10 steer axles in stock, 10 rear position for 2 1/2 ton

also 1 set of 5 ton rear position with detroit lockers

and about 10-5 ton steer axles and 6 regular 5 ton rear positions

all good take outs

volume discounts

delivery available

call 215-598-8227

Dave
www.easternsurplus.net

Tibby

I haven't been on the site much since last June. It is nice to find someone so close.

Were you looking for axles only or would you take a whole truck? I know Vancil Contracting on Peoria Road has a no top OD deuce sitting back in a fenced area. I don't know the condition, as I can only see a part of it. They also have another one that is more visible and seems in reasonable condition, but it has been sitting in that spot for more than a year. I have considered calling them up to see if they will sell it. There is Mid-State in Auburn. Their south facility is a salvage yard. They have a variety of stuff. Last time I was down there poking around on a Sunday, which was a year or so ago, they had a deuce tractor for sale. Not in the best of shape, either a parts or restoration truck. The downside of them is that I have been warned to stay away from them. My immediate boss at work is from Auburn and knows about them. He is not the only one to say that. The stuff that they do advertise seems way overpriced. Apparently, if you don't plunk down full asking price, they can't be bothered with you. However, if close location is important, the extra cost might be worth it.

mrblue4274

I'd like to bring my thread back to life, I found a set way back when, moved on to other projects, and am now in search again, this time though I'll be happy with one steer and one rear. I'd still like to be 1k or less and close to Springfield IL.. Thanks for any help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks