• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need 2 Tow Shackles - Where to Buy?

1stgear

I need 2 tow shackles for my rear bumper. I have tried eBay and keep getting outbid. I don't care about getting originals - I just want to replace the ones that are missing. Where can I pick 2 of these up? What's the size I should buy (shackle size at the top and pin size)?

I was looking at these on the Summit Racing site. Would they work?

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...art=SUM-930031&N=700+-168115+115&autoview=sku

Thanks in advance for any help!!

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any shackle that is close to the right size with a 1-inch pin will be around $35 each new. The last set I watched on eBay went for $35 for the pair.

The most important measurement is between the ends. It has to fit over the mount that sticks out of the bumpers. I can't remember right now what that measurment is, but it's around 1.75". The Summit shackles don't even tell you what that measurement, but it looks a little too narrow, given that it's a 3/4" pin in the picture.

My advice is to bid higher...

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Origionals can be bought at CSI relatively cheap. They don't export much CUCV stuff.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do a search, and you will find all sorts of pic's and contact info. :wink: Just a heads up, you will do much, much better going and getting it yourself vice having them remove it and ship.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks