• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need a rough guesstimate

reitenger

Looking for a rough guess from people that have shipped a deuce long distances. Contemplating a deuce that is roughly 1400 miles from me. Oregon to Denver roughly. Any ideas on cost range or experiences over the same distance? Just trying to get an idea if this is even feasible before I start planning or get caught by the wife.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ditto to Rich's comment

reitenger

$3 a mile is what I am afraid of. Kind of kills the getting a deal part of the equation.

I'll check out standby and see what it looks like. This keeps up and i'll have to steal a lowboy somewhere and start hauling my own stuff.

jimbo*

I know a guy in New Mexico who has a couple dueces for sale, and I have to deadhead to Ft. Carson to p/u a truck I bought. If you are interested, it might save you some $$$

reitenger

Send me a pm with details. What are you picking up at Carson? I just walked the lot last week to get a look at the 1009 the wife won. I'm kind of into the deuce in Oregon, but it's not a committed relationship yet.

EZFEED

Go to Uship.com and post for it. I had my truck shipped 170 miles to my place last Sunday for $585. Wieghs allot more than the 13,000lbs the deuce weighs, 22,000lbs actually.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just posted a listing on uship.com and the average bid came back at $6 a loaded mile for a 160 mile trip. No thanks, I'll haul it myself with a towbar.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
maddawg308 said:
I just posted a listing on uship.com and the average bid came back at $6 a loaded mile for a 160 mile trip. No thanks, I'll haul it myself with a towbar.
I've had a truck listed on uship since Sat, and thus far have received 1 bid.......

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
I tried uship, a M35 W/W from my home in CO to my new home in NC 3 months ago, I got the lowest at
Are you ready...

$6,000.00 to move my Duece 1700 miles.

Call trucking companies where the truck is and where it needs to go to get better quotes

bmH1065

Ou farm semi broke down the other day on the interstate and had to be towed about 8 miles. They charged 150 + $4 a mile. I guess that was cheap now.

EZFEED

yellobronc said:
EZFEED said:
Go to Uship.com and post for it. I had my truck shipped 170 miles to my place last Sunday for $585. Wieghs allot more than the 13,000lbs the deuce weighs, 22,000lbs actually.
Paid about 600 to move mine a couple hundred miles...Duece plain, no frills is about 13K..Mine was 13,400 lbs when I picked it up.
Yeah but my truck isn't a deuce :lol:

Attachments

reitenger

I have a quote of $200 to move one deuce 110 miles at the moment, but he won't do the long distance runs. I may have to just buy the thing and try to daisychain it home.

dm22630

FMJ said:
I've had a truck listed on uship since Sat, and thus far have received 1 bid.......
When I first posted I waited for bids & didnt get any.....so I then requested bids from a bunch of companies....thats when I got results. 2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks