• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need a towbar for my m1009

AJMBLAZER

Tow bar...as in to tow the CUCV behind another vehicle or a hitch to tow stuff behind the CUCV?

The latest issue of Four Wheeler magazine has an article about a M1008 in it and one little thing I noticed was someone had made a towbar for it by welding tubing to the D-ring shackles. Add a center tongue and whalla, instant towbar.

If you want a hitch, get in line. The rear D-rings prevent normal "civvy" hitches from working on CUCV's. Stuff needs to be modified/removed/reworked/etc to make it work. It's on my "to do" list but not a priority right now.

kovacik76

its my work truck, and besides it will be hard to drive both my trucks when we move to new locations for work, the bugs get patched when they have to be, dont care much for woking on it outside in the cold unless i have to, alot of minor things will have to wait on the weather

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks