• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need correct wording for underhood oil check warning stencil

texas30cal

I took a pic before I sanded and painted but my smart (dumb) phone didn't save it. I need a pic of the stenciling or the correct wording. I've been searching for over a hour but haven't found anything, thanks!!

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Evil Dr Porkchop sells them. check out one of his classified ads there is a link in his sigline for stencils.

Last edited:

texas30cal

I didn't know it at the time, but I can see by his location that he's the one selling them on eBay, I already contacted him and he doesn't have the wording either. If someone could take a pic of it he can make them.

texas30cal

No sir, the one that says something like ..... oil level should be 1-1/2" overfilled when cold, something to that effect anyway. Mine had it but my phone has a issue with not storing pics that I take, I should have checked after i took it. I took the pic then sanded the bottom of the hood and repainted it, so it's long gone.

snowtrac nome

Look in your tm, the over fill is only when checking oil before starting. The tm also states the proper way to gauge the oil level, is to start the truck, than shut it off and let sit.
that warning you speak of was something added on at the unit I have never seen it painted on the engine or under the hood.

texas30cal

I understand the procedure, as I tried to quote it "when cold", like I said I just want to re create what was there if anyone has the same thing painted on theirs. It was stenciled in yellow in the same 1" characters as the secure hood warning that was stenciled in orange.

Black Ops

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I remember right I believe the dipstick has instructions on it, maybe what you had was the same or similar. Like the hood warning stencil I'm sure there are many variations of this stencil especially since it would be done at the unit level.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never heard of or seen such a stencil. Only others are "antifreeze 2018" etc and "10W-40" etc.

Scrounger

It sounds like you had a unit level stencil. As already posted by others, some units will post coolant values, dates done and what not. One of my wreckers has the hubs marked with the last service dates written with a marker on the axle flanges. One truck has the name of the mechanic and the dates the batteries were installed written on top. The point is none of that is in a manual and since it’s your truck any thing you may wish to stencil on it while not “correct” isn’t actually wrong.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks