• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need CUCV starter.

camogriz

I just picked up my 1986 CUCV Blazer from Wright Patterson, Ohio and flat towed it to Carmel, NY. No problems but there is no starter. Is there anyplace I can buy one? I see there are the later model 24 volt high-torque starters available on e-Bay, but I have been told these are not the best solution (possible flywheel damage issues). Any thoughts about the high-torque starters or availability of the older style large starters is greatly appreciated.

acetomatoco

Don't forget to use new bolts and torque them accurately and put on the front brace and have good batteries. Might as well put in a new fuel filter, too and check the glowplug operation before you burn up the new starter. When they start after a long crank you will love the noise and the smoke!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks