• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need fast answers on vinyl coverl

poppop

I just found a vinyl cover on e-bay for my 813. No bids yet and the guy wants 299.00. Sounds like it is in good shape and maybe never installed on a truck. He states what damage it has was caused by handling. It has both end curtains. Does age affect these like canvas or should it be alright. Is the price good or what should a new one cost. The sale ends at 7:30 tonight.
Thanks

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
www.gmacover.com is one manufactuer of covers and can give you some more info.

www.bretonindustries.com makes the covers also, and their pricing is online. Look under MILITARY PARTS

Sounds like a good deal, whats the shipping?

Age doesnt really affect the covers, unless they were stored outside, in the rain, ect. Very early covers tend to dry out, but the new style ones dont. If you send the link, I can give you more info. And, no I dont want the cover. It wont fit my humvee..

I found your cover.. That looks like a good deal. The handwritten #'s look like chalk and will come off easy.. The rust spots I bet will come off with some elbow grease and 409 or Fantastic.

poppop

Turns out the cover is for a seventeen foot bed and I just checked mine and it is 14 feet. Did'nt someone cut one down last year? I checked the site you mentioned and a three color camo runs just over 800.00. I assume that includs the end curtains but it says cover only. Thanks for the quick reply. Oh, I don't know about shipping but it weighs 65 lbs and is in Virgina and I am in Ga. so should'nt be too bad.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The sizes DONT count the end cover, just the bed length. Cutting one down... It's possible, but it will never be the same as one that was made for the right size bed. The auction says 17 foot. Thats plain wierd.. What bed is 17 foot? 2.5 ton extended bed? A dump?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
poppop, where is Brooket?

I live in Ga. too

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bet this cover is for a dump truck.. No 2.5 or 5 ton cargo has a 17 foot bed. I dont know how long a FMTV bed is, so perhaps thats it also. With no NSN or part #, this is too expendsive to take a gamble on in my opinion..

poppop

Brooket is 8 miles east of Statesboro, Home of Georgia Southern University and in Bulloch County. Where are you in Atlanta? My son works for cartoon network in the Turner Building and My Son-in-law works in the corporate offices of Delta at the airport.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I live in Winder, near Athens on 316 and work in Tucker.

Pop into the mess tent, there are always a few Ga guys in there

hot rod deuce

hey i can get 5 ton covers,bows,staves, and the metal things. For 400 bucks. They even give you all the straps and bolts to roll the sides up. I just got mine and it is all NEW old stock its PERFECT. the guy said 5 ton so i assume its a 14 footer if any one knows how long the 14 foot box tarp is let me know and i can verify. Its over 14 feet long but i think the tarps are longer so they go around the end, right?

poppop

Hot Rod duece, That sounds like a deal to me. How do I get in touch with these people?

M215, What would you take for a cover to fit the 14 foot. PM me if you wish.

Thanks

hot rod deuce

1-864-859-2692\
wigington surpus
207 wigington Rd
Piedmont Sc.

VERY VERY nice people the older fella is a little hard to understand and you need to yell into the phone, Im not kidding. THe laidy is also very nice and easy to understand. They will take it out of the crate and put it into 3 boxes for you for 25 bucks. WELL worth the money they make one box for the bows so you dont have to pay any more shipping than needed . All the boxes come steel banded together with duct take on the band seam. did i mention EVERY seam on the box is taped? These people dont mess around it took me like a half an hour just to get the stuff out of the box! Oh and she gave me a shipping quote but it came in less, so she wrote me a check for a the differnce and sent it in the mail!!! how many people would do that! i tell you the whole thing was top notch. She got my check at 1030 AM and the boxes were shipped at 1130 AM with a refund check. If only evey one did bussines this way. If i ever need a canopy i wont even look anywhere else. you might be able to save a few bucks scavenging parts on e bay or junk yard but if your time is worth anything these people are the way to go! everything but the troop sides, i got more stuff than i thought i would, even the bolts and straps.

If you do buy one from them please tell them that Tony and Marie from minnesota sent you for the top notch service!

I recomend wigington service to any one, and no im not on a commision just sick of boyce and the like ripping me off!

hot rod deuce

I dont know you must know something i dont, i called them and they want like 700 bucks JUST for the trap. all the other places are around 400 or more just for the tarp. The whole kit is over a grand 1100 i think. the cover assembly is just the tarp, the kit is the bows and hardware

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks