• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help choosing a truck model

91W350

A few guys have turned four wheel drive Cummins powered pickups into streetable ten second quarter mile vehicles. Those trucks will easily out run 90 percent of what is out there. I am surprised nobody has suggested a 923A2 with the turbo charged engine, big tires, power steering, automatic... for what we spend building one up, starting with an A2 BMY would be cheaper.

Last edited:

bearboley

I've been a member since 2010 And I just made my first post today and first time reading today as well.

Yes I am looking for an unusual truck.

My 24v cummins I have now is just about fully built and will beat 90% of what's driving on the roads. I'm kind of an extremist when it comes to things.

Money isn't really a problem and I'm 20.

Lol like I said before I'm a noob at military trucks not at working on vehicles
I could have bought a deuce with the amount of money I spent on my built trans......
My tongue is sore from all the bitting. I will keep it civil but I can go the other way rather quickly. I have no tolerance for over arrogant types.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why do you want to start with a military truck?

Why not buy a CXT?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, that seems like the easiest way to go, if he would give up on the multi fuel criteria.

I don't do it, but others run waste oil in normal diesels. That would make a cxt, all he wants, with no mods.

Last edited:

carter2409

I don't mean to come across as arrogant and I apologize if I did.

I can tell now that I have to choose between power or multi-fuel.

Has anyone ever tried swapping out turbos or even doing twin turbos and getting custom made injectors. I've heard that once you turn up the pump on the multi-fuels(if you turn it up too much) they turn into time bombs.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The multifuels are a 50+ year old design. There are very limited things you can do to them without blowing something up. They are designed for 130-150hp. Accept that fact.

If you want more power, you really need to do a repower.