• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help compiling info

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got this idea from trying to post some info in a thread about deuce dump conversions. While trying to search for info I found that there are alot of good post about dump conversions but they are scatered all over the place. I would like to compile all of this data in one place where it could be easily found so people wanting dumps could get plenty of ideas. I'm willing to go to the trouble to gather all of this data but am unsure how to go about doing it.

I thought about just starting an album and put all the pics I could find in it but there is alot of good text also.

I may could also put it in the "technical articles" but they are still at the old site.

Anybody have any ideas?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You could find those posts/threads and copy/paste their links in this thread. Its a long way around, but will work. Prolly should change this thread title to something about dump conversions so it will be found in a search. :)

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimpy, that's a good idea but I was kind of wanting weed out the post in the thread that have people just asking questions and the general BS that all threads have. I want to just list the info from the people that have accually done it and have pics to show how they did it.

I'm sure there are several subjects that could be compiled like this. It's just something I was thinking about and thought I'd throw it out there.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Good thinking, Ty. I have always thought that either a printed or online compilation of multiple topics would be a handy resource. I was a member of the 6.2-6.5 Diesel Page way back in the day and they would do a soft-bound booklet with the "best of the best" threads on different subjects from the previous year.

I will talk to Mike to see what we can come up with. Maybe we could use the wiki software. I'll get back to you.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any progress on this........? Ty, Chris, Mike, others......???

FWIW I have fresh pics/info available from another conversion but wouldn't want to start yet another thread on the same subject. Would rather wait for such a compilation to be created and then gladly contribute, if possible....

G.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, on my end. Never heard anything back from the powers that be.

I'd still be glad to do the legwork on this if given permission or a place to put it.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you compile the threads with the info, pm them to me, and posts you want deleted, I can merge them into one thread. Or if you are really ambitious, post a new thread with all the information/pics from the others.

I would like to do this to multiple things. One of which would be deuce brakes, maybe heater installs. Whole bunch of things that could be done with.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the offer stretch. Sounds like I need to get to work.

Let me think about the best way to do it and I'll get started.[thumbzup]

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, I've started a thread trying to get all the info posted but I'm not sure I like the way it's going. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-modification-hot-rodding/63367-dump-conversion-info-thread.html

I'm wondering if a should just give a brief commentary on each build on what was done and then post a link to the thread? It just seems like I'm posting too much that has already been posted in the original thread. I guess what I'm looking for is some input. Does everybody like the way I'm doing this or what should I do differently?

fireman5199

I found this video on youtube the other day while looking into what it would take to add a dump bed to a deuce. I didnt know if you wanted it for your complilation. It is made the company producing the lift kit but had some good ideas.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9uykRWxQQw[/media]