• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need help finding where to get ether canisters

ida34

Disclaimer: I don't want to start a use it or don't use it thread.

I can not find a local source for ether canisters for the cold start system on my deuce. Can anyone help with a source or possibly let me know a ball park price? I checked my local truck stop shops and got a "huh what?" reaction then they tried to sell me starting fluid in a spray can.

Thanks
Chuck

Armada

ida34, how's your Selfridge duece coming along? Have you had to do much to it?
I've got an extra bottle from a parts truck I bought, but it my 'reserve' bottle.
I have a brother that drives semi's, and he said sometimes he's seen them at the truck stops before. I'll have him keep his eyes open and pick up a couple if he comes across them again.

ida34

Armada,
I put on a new top and cargo cover. I had to reground the ether injection and put in a longer hose for the windshield washer. The parking brake lever and cable is shot, and the speedometer does not work. The cable and adapter is fine so the problem is in the transfer case. I need to lube the Tach cable as it screams sometimes. There is a problem with the lights on the right rear, and it needs paint yesterday. I mostly want to get the parking brake and speedo fixed. Then I want to get a spare and the light fixed. Everything else is getting done as soon as I get to it. It runs and drives great as it sits. Like any old truck there are alot of little things to fix.

How is yours coming? Have you gotten troop seats yet? I plan on going to the place in Lancaster OH for parts in the near future and if I do I would be willing to pick up troop seats if he has any.

Thanks
Chuck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks