• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Help Identifying Two Wires

Bravo2Uniform

1986 M1028 - equipped with aftermarket snow plow and salt spreader. Those aftermarket items have been removed.

I have two mystery wires that I cannot find on the wiring diagrams. The first is a 3 Red wire with fuse link that goes from the far right of the firewall power block to nowhere (not the green headlight wire - a # 3 gauge red wire. Not shown on any schematics I've seen - probably for snow plow equipment). See picture.Inkedredwire_LIttle.jpg

The second is a LT Blue / Red with connector. I am assuming this has not been hooked up for a while it was blocked with grease and grime. It goes through the fire wall with the GP module wires but does not go to the GP module - goes to what appears to be ignition wires and terminates at a connector. Mysteryplug_Moment small.jpg

Last edited:

cucvrus

That plug is the fuel pump wiring that is used on the M1010 rear heater. Also used on the cargo bed heater that is part of the arctic kit. The green wire runs to the front right turn. I am not 100% sure but I think so. Good Luck.

Bravo2Uniform

That plug is the fuel pump wiring that is used on the M1010 rear heater. Also used on the cargo bed heater that is part of the arctic kit. The green wire runs to the front right turn. I am not 100% sure but I think so. Good Luck.
Thank you. When you are troubleshooting and you start finding wires that are not on your schematic you kinda start wishing you'd bought a Hodaka Road Toad instead.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks