• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help with my M998 Heater

kcpstudio

Girlfriend and I just went to see Justice League tonight. Highly recommend. Anyway, we took the truck for another test. Low 40s outside. Keep in mind my girlfriend hates the cold. She hates 70 degree weather. Loves her 90 + degree weather. With that said.... she’s digging the heat in the cabin. I had it at 95 degrees F inside the truck set on low blower setting. I had to drop it down when we were driving, it was getting way too hot... even for her.

Don’t waste your money on that little unit from Jeggs. I went that route before. It’s not enough for the size of the cabin. Especially a 4 man soft top and doors.

Im going to be working on the truck a tad more to dress up the kit. I’ll keep you guys posted.

StackJ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am ok with my heater since I live in SoCal except for one thing: The valve on the hose is very stiff and barely moves with even me using pliers. Anyone know of a source for a replacement? (1989 M998, 6.2)

NormB

I am ok with my heater since I live in SoCal except for one thing: The valve on the hose is very stiff and barely moves with even me using pliers. Anyone know of a source for a replacement? (1989 M998, 6.2)
I lived in San Diego then Pomona Valley for 8 years (longer up in Monterey). Defrosters come in handy even though "heat" isn't as useful as AC.

Anyway, Kascar has 'em, you can find them on the evil auction site, too. Probably Napa if you do part # interchange search.

Start with the parts manual.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks