• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help with transmission

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the vehicle we might be talking about? What is the year of this unknown vehicle? Does it have a model and or type designation? Is it olive drab in color?
Just a bit more info would help a whole lot!

Edmond bingham

1984 Cucv with three speed TH400 transmission olive drab in color located in Georgia with 6.2 diesel . sometimes it will back up and drives fine then it will not back up cloud is full will be changing filter and transmission fluid in a few days .

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would stop using it until the fluid and filter are changed.
See if any surprises are at the bottom of the pan and fluid color and smell.

Clearly something is wrong.

Could be as simple as it was low on fluid and needed a filter change.
Be prepared for the worst.

These transmissions are great but they do require regular maintenance

nyoffroad

Like Tinstar said but I'd add check the linkage. It could be out of adjustment and a little body flex could be putting in in Neutral or Park but showing Reverse on the column.
Anyway, do not drive it! 1st and reverse share the same bands and if reverse is gone so is first gear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks