• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help with US6 Studebaker crankshaft removal

lowrdrbird

I need to get the crankshaft out and it is not coming out. I cannot figure out how to get the camshaft cover off because of the fanbelt pulley and the starter jaw. Any ideas of how to get this off.

Shows the front of the engine with pulley and cover

Showing the side of the camshaft cover

Another pic of the front

thanks for any info im really pulling my hair out and soon there wont be any left.

Ken:lost:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I recall the pulley and hand starter dog is a press fit onto the end of the crank. You will need to adapt a puller of some type, but do not pull on the pulley though. To rebuild this engine you will need to shim the bearings and trust me you will need a JXD manual to get the clearances right. Jerry Biro (Google his name) has all the Hercules parts you will need. Good luck.

lowrdrbird

Okay got her off today after 3 hours playing with it some heat, 5ft breaker bar, and lots of pb blaster. It is a sleeved nut that came off once we got it turning it moved so easy and after she came off she was dipped in oil to soak.

Thanks for the help guys

Ken

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks