• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NEED INFORMATION PLEASE

ironhorsethegeneral

Thinking about buying and would like to know information from you guys. Need to know which of these trucks can cruise 55 to 60 mph. The vehicles in question are the M52A2, M816A2, M543A2, M54A2, and the M925. Any information you can give would be greatly appreciated.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M925 is a 900 series 5 ton with a winch. The M915/916 is the Freightliner. For long haul on highway, get a 915/916 Anything else is gonna leave you sucking!

DrFoster

IMO 925 is the way to go if you have the cash. GREAT cummins engine and automatic tranny, bulletproof airbrake system, gallon and 1/2 of torque! I'm in line for one if I don't have any more project "stuff" come up in a few months. It makes a great "pock-pock-pock-pock" sound when towing heavy loads up hills at full throttle. Almost as good sounding as a turbo.

After that, the deuce would be a good choice. Remember, they are all geared for military operations, and only do around 60 topped out (they're faster, but you'll exceed the max RPM and maybe float a valve).

The 925 is bigger than the Deuce, and has HUGE tires that take about three people to change.
Deuce? I can change one on my own, but I probably won't be able to muscle that bitch back into the rig without cutting off the old rubber.

Hope that helps you in your quest!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think Cranetruck has the pic you guys need to see. He has a hook for is K-Boom that enales him to litterally install the tire right on the studs. Very impressive.

CGarbee

I watched Bjorn and Adrian change a tire on a M105 during last year's convoy in about ten minutes... Sweat setup...

I also recently spent the day with a NCANG member who returned from Iraq a few months ago who really had not liked it when his 800 series truck had been replaced with a 900 series... He said he really prefered to have the manual transmission when running in convoys north of Baghdad...

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some 900's used Clark Powershift transmissions...not as good as the Allison. Check the data plates before buying.

dg

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
American ingenuity! What a simple device.

denisek5935

A M935A2 will do 60mph. Whe you are operating the vehicle on the highway you need to run at least 60psi in the tires. If you have the CTIS, you will have to disengage this. It tells you that in the 10 manual. It bounces, but i have traveled in those with no issues. Modifications?
Well of course there are, but that is for another post.
The 915/916 variants are nice, but just don't have that mean look to them. They can do 60mph. Are they civilian or military?
The M52 series of vehicle wer just to bulky, though well equipped, powertrain wise. They are similar to the M35, which even with the A3 version, of today, it still struggles to get 50mph.
The 800 series are older, but they can be ran up 60 with minor tweaks and cleaning of the system.
One other thing is that the M35, M52 variants can all handle super singles, which makes the ride nicer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks