• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need lots of advice on welders and welding

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That would be a good idea. however I'm only 15 turning 16 next week lol. I work during the summer and obviously can't do it during the school year. We have a lot of junk metal around our farm so at least I will have a lot to practice on.
The Vo-tech school here has night welding classes. So you could do it after work or school if you have night classes in your area.

When I was in high school they had a ag-mechanics class that taught welding as part of the class. Does your local high school have some sort of welding class?

USAWEAPON777

yes they have vo tech at my school but the way they do it is the kids who go don't go to school half the year. Then for the other half they cram all the work in. Due to the short time to teach all the information only general education classes are taught. I'm taking mostly honors courses and an AP chem course so I can't do Votech at my school. I think I'll get some welding books out of the library and start studying on how to weld.

Alex400

yes they have vo tech at my school but the way they do it is the kids who go don't go to school half the year. Then for the other half they cram all the work in. Due to the short time to teach all the information only general education classes are taught. I'm taking mostly honors courses and an AP chem course so I can't do Votech at my school. I think I'll get some welding books out of the library and start studying on how to weld.
Getting a book really helps. when i took my welding class i got a good text book that i am choosing to keep as a reference. You can get the older edition (2002) for like 25-30 bucks on amazon and the new edition is the 2004 edition and it is going for like 60 bucks. But what i liked about it is that it talked about many different forms of welding, Arc (SMAW), MIG (GMAW), TIG (GTAW), Gas welding-brazing-soldering, and some more exotic welding types. Goes into detail about different shielding gasses for different metals, wire size recommendations, etc. But more over, it explains how and why it works the way it does in great detail.

Amazon.com: Used and New: Modern Welding Technology

USAWEAPON777

well i got a book out of the library however it seems to be quite dated and on top of it is only for specialized fields of welding.
I purchased a book off of amazon that should help point me in the right direction and start practicing welds soon :p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks