• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need M151 moved from Atlanta GA to Michigan or closer to Michigan

ida34

I am looking possibly getting a M151 body from a guy in Marietta GA. It does not have a power pack so it should be pretty light. It does roll. Anyone able to help me out with getting it closer to Michigan? I am hoping someone going to a rally down south may be able to help me out with this.

Thanks
Chuck

ida34

I have do not need to get it fast but I would need to see if they guy would wait for pickup until then. I may try to make a trip down there to get it if nothing else but I would not be able to make it down there until spring break. I like the idea of picking it up from you at Aberdeen. That would give me an excuse to go again.

TaylorTradingCo

I am about 2 hours north of Marietta. If they cannot store it I might could get it and keep it for you for a while.

I suggest you contact chiefwollam on here. He is organizing a trip from Alabama to Michigan I think with a big rig. He has a trailer at my place already he is going to come by and pick up.

Derek Taylor

vtdeucedriver

I am looking possibly getting a M151 body from a guy in Marietta GA. It does not have a power pack so it should be pretty light. It does roll. Anyone able to help me out with getting it closer to Michigan? I am hoping someone going to a rally down south may be able to help me out with this.

Thanks
Chuck
Chuck, I sent you a IM...................I am a idiot, thought the post was Marietta OH.........................I see that its GA.............................So hope it works out for you better than my deal.

ida34

I think no matter what I should have transportation covered. I just need to scrape together the cash. Uship bids are running $350-$425 if this is the worst case then I should be able to afford shipping it. I will post when I know if I have it or not.

ida34

This will be a bump to the top. I should have the money in the next couple of days. I am told it would not be good to flat tow as the tires are not the best. I will post on uship if no SS member can help. I talked to the the leads already given except AMGeneral but I do not plan on going to Aberdeen this year. I appreciate the offers but none have panned out.

If anyone can help me get this thing closer I would appreciate it. If you can help let me know how much it will cost me. I need to get it picked up in the next three weeks or so.

Thanks
Chuck

vtdeucedriver

The Mutt fits on a U-haul trailer PERFECT!!!!! I say road trip!!!! Drive down, pick up the trailer and go home. If you do this route, tell u haul that your hauling a Honda Del Sol, there not going to have the M151 in their computer system so it will save you any hassles.

ida34

I actually have my own trailer. I thought about driving down with the family and renting a trailer on the way back to say towing all the way down but Uhaul will not rent any trailer to someone driving a newer Ford Explorer. It has the trailer towing package and is rated to tow around 5000 lbs. but they say no go. I hate Uhaul. Just rent me the damn trailer!!!!!!!!

Stonepicker1

Chuck,
I will leave south Florida on my way to Michigan on the 24th(late around 21:00 or 23:00 hrs). That will put me in Marietta,GA before or around noon on the 25th of February. I can load your M151 on my trailer and transport to Dexter, Michigan. Should be at your location sometime in the morning of the 26th.

I can push it a day later if need be.

I will be on Military duty from 06-February to 23-February(out of State)

PM being sent.

Opie

In this day and age of "What's in it for me?", I LOVE how this community pulls together to help one another. (Sorry, no road trips for ol' Opie in the near future...)

ida34

Sometimes things just come together. It looks like the planets aligned on this one. Thanks for the help Phil. I am waiting to hear back from the seller.

ida34

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! The wife found the hidden emails on this deal. Shhhhhhhhhh. No one better talk. :twisted: She said I have an expensive hobby. I told her that all my stuff does not even amount to half a bass boat.