• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need MEP 802A alternator picture

radiack

Hi. First thanks to everyone who shares their knowledge on these machines. There's a lifetime of information on here.

My question is I have a mep802a Genset but alternator output is flat at the batteries with 24vdc with voltmeter. I removed the alternator and had it test and was told it is good. Now, I am thinking it was hooked up wrong. I do not want to go by my pictures but don't want to guess with all these white wires and short something out. Can I please get a good picture of the backside of one showing what wires to where? I'd be much appreciative.

Attachments

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you checked the fuse in the cabinet behind the gauges? There is a fuse in the battery charging circuit. Does your battery gauge read negative when running?

radiack

Inside the control cube to the left of the AC select switch. Its the gray tube fuse holder, 30A fuse.
Sticks through a bracket with a black circuit breaker button near it.
I found the fuse. Tested for continuity and is good. It's getting late here and misquotes are biting :/

The picture is when it's running and it at 0

Attachments

Last edited:

radiack

I'll have to look for cr1 diode tomorrow afternoon. (Army guard and have drill tomorrow) what should my multimeter read while on the diode setting?

Thanks all for the quick response. Really wasn't expecting that.

Last edited:

radiack

I don't have any mep802/3s to look at. My unit actual has the new digital gen sets.

Thank you Light In the Dark for the pictures.

NextalCupFan, I thought the diodes we're soldierd on both ends. It's the row on the inside of the control panel on the left side right?

Guyfang

Staff member
OK. The title of the thread says:
Need MEP 802A alternator picture

In message # 13, you say: I don't have any mep802/3s to look at. My unit actual has the new digital gen sets.

Can you tell me what you have? Because I am lost.

radiack

Lol. I bought one of the mep802a from a auction site.

I am in the national guard and my unit only has mep 1030, 1040, and 1050s. Ik a unit that still has some of the old stuff but hours away and I don't have any contact info for their guys.

I'm trying to get mine running smoothly. Had to replace the main fuel pump. It runs and has power output but working on the charging issue

nextalcupfan

I don't have any mep802/3s to look at. My unit actual has the new digital gen sets.

Thank you Light In the Dark for the pictures.

NextalCupFan, I thought the diodes we're soldierd on both ends. It's the row on the inside of the control panel on the left side right?
Yes the diodes on the left.
CR1 is connected to wires 112a and 120b.
112a goes to MT4-1, that's probably the easiest to take off.
120b goes to j6-33.

Ohh sorry, keep in mind I'm looking at an 803a schematic.
It's probably close but you should double check with the schematic on your unit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks