• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need oil pressure sender LMTV

MrMikey4026

My sending unit has died. has anyone determined which one will work like from Napa?
If not does anyone have a military one for an AO with a 3116?
I would prefer new.
Thanks
Mike

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor

MrMikey4026

spankybear

That part number is the U S Army Tank Automotive Command and the number that Stewart and Steveson/BAE uses. That number can be hard to cross. The TM gave the Stewart Warner part number. Some times the TM only gives the U S Army Tank Automotive Command number. The best way I found to get a number that you can use at like NAPA is get the NSN from the TM, Use the NSN on a website like this here https://www.parttarget.com/6620-01-...6az&searchoption=sku&originalsearchtext=506az and you may see a number you can use. There is a lot of info on that website and I find it invaluable for researching parts.

MrMikey4026

That part number is the U S Army Tank Automotive Command and the number that Stewart and Steveson/BAE uses. That number can be hard to cross. The TM gave the Stewart Warner part number. Some times the TM only gives the U S Army Tank Automotive Command number. The best way I found to get a number that you can use at like NAPA is get the NSN from the TM, Use the NSN on a website like this here https://www.parttarget.com/6620-01-...6az&searchoption=sku&originalsearchtext=506az and you may see a number you can use. There is a lot of info on that website and I find it invaluable for researching parts.
Thanks

toddperk

does anyone know how to tell if it is the sender or the gauge? should the gauge be full scale when the sensor lead is shorted and 0 when connected to 24 volts?

Ronmar

Yes. The gauge, when powered, sends current from the sense lead, thru the sender resistance to ground. With nothing connected to the sensor lead the gauge should read zero, if you ground the sense lead it should go to full scale…
does anyone know how to tell if it is the sender or the gauge? should the gauge be full scale when the sensor lead is shorted and 0 when connected to 24 volts?
Yes. The gauge, when powered, sends current from the sense lead, thru the sender resistance to ground. With nothing connected to the sensor lead the gauge should read zero, if you ground the sense lead it should go to full scale…

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks