• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need parts for PV 2 Harpoon

croftonaviation

you might try two different avenues for parts. First let me explain my background. I have 8 years of exreiance with DC-3's and C-47's I am a type rated captain with close to 2500 hours in the Doug. I have been partners in one and have restored two, and flown 12. All of these became or were working part 135 airplanes. I am also an A & P mechanic. That said.

I would call air tahoma in Columbus OH (lck). They have a herd of CV-240's they are getting rip of. Same basic engine although it is a different dash #. Another source if you need a good engine shop is global radial engines in OKC. Roy owens is the owner and his son in law is the #2 man. Exellent company. If you wan't yellow tagged parts that are good call them. Also if you get an engine in UKN consition they can test run it for you and give you a real accurate estimate on TSMOH. Any good running core would help you, and they are out there. There are also some places to STAY AWAY FROM. If your new to the round engine game hollar at me and I will give you a list of places to avoid. Any other questions please PM me I would love to help however I can wiyh your project. I have not done much with the pv-2 but I have several friends that have. There are plenty of resouces. Even where you least expect them.

Tom

rydermike

Hawkins & Powers aviation in Greybull,WY had a HUGE stores of parts for many large former military aircraft . Heard they were shutting down operations ( at least firefighting ) , not sure what ever happened to thier vast inventory.

EZFEED

Hey Hey Hey! I'm here brother! :-D Sorry bout that, been off for quite some time and just honestly kinda forgot about this post! :oops: Email sent bub! ;-)

steve87

Look up "Attu Warrior" out of Heber Airport here in Utah. A guy has a flying pv-2. I can't remember his name. It is in great shape, I have sat in it on the ground. It is now for sale here

Warbird / PV-2 Harpoon

I don't know if the owner has more parts or knows where to get them.

rwdfresno

Greetings,

I was noticing that in your photogrpahs it appears that a significant amount of the orignal interior equipment has been removed from N6857C. Can you tell me if the equipment was sold following crash in 1994 or if that equipment was still around but just removed?

I was also curious what sort of structural repairs were required as the result of the incident.

thank you,
Ryan

EZFEED

Too cool Steve! Will do!

Rwdfresno,
Both are pretty much gutted because they are outside on our grounds. We have all parts and extras in our hangar and the wings and some of the stabilizers are at friends homes. One of the PV2's has a bad wing spar but the other should fly. As far as other damages I dont know. I know one of them crashed back when they were at Lafayette Regional. I think it just belly landed due to gear failure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks