• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Pictures

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can anyone supply a picture of the proper decal placements on the tailgate and drivers side door area if the spare is mounted on the door? I have seen several variations of these and other areas of the trucks. Maybe pictures of all sides as stock for 1952 will help. Hood decals are known but for the rest, I have seen many different placements . Can anyone help?

Bill W

Heres where the tailgate (6") star goes.
With door mounted spares you'd have a 6" star on the cowl in front of the door ( just below the winshield hinge ).

On edit: I have also seen the tailgate star mounted on the right side of the tailgate, unfortunately I don't have the military truck marking book anymore to confirm though I believe Olive drab.com has one on their site. I am positive of where the 6" drivers side star goes

Attachments

Last edited:

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heres where the tailgate (6") star goes.
With door mounted spares you'd have a 6" star on the cowl in front of the door ( just below the winshield hinge ).

On edit: I have also seen the tailgate star mounted on the right side of the tailgate, unfortunately I don't have the military truck marking book anymore to confirm though I believe Olive drab.com has one on their site. I am positive of where the 6" drivers side star goes
Thanks, this makes 4 different schemes I have seen. Is there no "US ARMY" on the tail gate? Some show it, some don't.

M-37Bruce

Markings

My tailgate is from another vehicle, and "US Army 1873526" is across the bottom of the said tail gate peaking through many layers of OD.
There also is a ghost of a six inch star on either side, whether or not it was correct or not we'll never know?

majorhitt

The truck pictured here is a 1951, it shows a star on each side of the tailgate. The tire mounted on the door didn't happen for a few years latter.

Attachments

Bill W

Thanks, this makes 4 different schemes I have seen. Is there no "US ARMY" on the tail gate? Some show it, some don't.
As far as reg #'s go early m-37's had 7 digit and no U.S. Army markings on tailgate and later had 8 digit with U.S. Army and it varies between trucks and combat vehicles ( tanks) so I'm sure there were lots of decrepencies.
In the meantime I found the driver side star picture for door mounted spares.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks