• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need PTO 67' 2.5 ton deuce

Cashman24

Hey y'all. Brand new here. Just bought a 67' M35A2 wo/w. Runs great and fires right up. Have some wheel seals that need to be replaced along with filters but that's nice t a big deal I don't think. What I'm really after and can't seem to find is a working pto I can mount on it so I can run my log grapple I purchased from my county municipality. I plan to mount it right behind the bed but I will need this PTO and pump setup. Any suggestions or know of someone selling one? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Vin#022517635 multifiel engine.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hey y'all. Brand new here. Just bought a 67' M35A2 wo/w. Runs great and fires right up. Have some wheel seals that need to be replaced along with filters but that's nice t a big deal I don't think. What I'm really after and can't seem to find is a working pto I can mount on it so I can run my log grapple I purchased from my county municipality. I plan to mount it right behind the bed but I will need this PTO and pump setup. Any suggestions or know of someone selling one? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Vin#022517635 multifiel engine.
Welcome to the outfit!

Nice to see you jump right in with your new-to-you truck!
You might try posting a question in the CLASSIFIED "Parts Wanted" section.

Post us up some pictures when you get the Log Grapple mounted :cool:
Heck, even the grapple by itself would be interesting to see.

Now that you are a member, be sure to download a few TM's (Training Manuals) for your truck.
Most important one might be the Lubrication Order to show you where to splash the grease.
The book names ending in "-10" are the operators manual books.

Cashman24

Welcome to the outfit!

Nice to see you jump right in with your new-to-you truck!
You might try posting a question in the CLASSIFIED "Parts Wanted" section.

Post us up some pictures when you get the Log Grapple mounted :cool:
Heck, even the grapple by itself would be interesting to see.

Now that you are a member, be sure to download a few TM's (Training Manuals) for your truck.
Most important one might be the Lubrication Order to show you where to splash the grease.
The book names ending in "-10" are the operators manual books.
Thank you. I will also post a message there. I'm new to forums, but this is awesome!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thank you. I will also post a message there. I'm new to forums, but this is awesome!
Good Deal! There are a lot of guys with parts.
Some are morning people, some are night hawks.

Hope you will find the PTO and Pump that you need.

There is a lot of information here and I am relatively new too.
I have "found a lot of magic" here.
Good ideas, weird thoughts, cool things I need to do...

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
.... a working pto I can mount on it so I can run my log grapple....
It should be clarified that it is a T-Case PTO (Model P-136-C) that you want to add, in order to move a pump with enough pressure and flow, for your log loader/grapple to operate at adequate speed.

1st picture is the same, mounted in place, followed by the propeller shaft and hyd. pump.
2nd pic shows most of the parts you need for this conversion. Very important: the oil pick-up line to feed the PTO's integral pump (which keeps your TC lubricated while operating stationary, in neutral. (also see this post...)
3rd one is the drive clutch part that mounts on the TC shaft splined end. This part can be hard to find, and a PTO without it is pretty useless, so only buy the whole assembly.

T-Case PTO & pump.jpg image (5).jpg Tc PTO, drive clutch 002.jpg

Cashman24

Thank you Mullaney. I will attatch more pictures that I took this morning, but i think i have to go with a transmission mounted assembly because I moved the air tanks over to allow for spacing for the mounts on the grapple. Also had to move the fuel tank up under the passenger steps and all associated air and fuel lines. now that I moved the air tanks I do not have the spacing for the transfer case mounted PTO.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thank you Mullaney. I will attatch more pictures that I took this morning, but i think i have to go with a transmission mounted assembly because I moved the air tanks over to allow for spacing for the mounts on the grapple. Also had to move the fuel tank up under the passenger steps and all associated air and fuel lines. now that I moved the air tanks I do not have the spacing for the transfer case mounted PTO.
I don't remember what is behind it, but the battery box on the passenger side might be a spot. Hate to remember that I have not been under a Deuce in a while. On the 939 Series 5-Tons there are air tanks behind the tool box (batteries are under the Soldier 2 Seat) and two more tanks are behind the air cleaner.

Air Tanks can go anywhere you can safely protect them from rocks. Just BE SURE that you get (use) the real DOT approved plastic line to link them to the compressor. NAPA is a source or TruckPro or some place like them.

Uhhh... Okay, I read that a second time and it seems like you have already moved the air tanks. (Duh?)

Cashman24

Yes sir. I relocated the batteries up and under the seat on the passenger side and made sure they are tied down. I used copper to extend the air tanks more centered in the same space they were. I brazed the copper with more 1/2" line. Works good. Just need the PTO setup now.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That s
Yes sir. I relocated the batteries up and under the seat on the passenger side and made sure they are tied down. I used copper to extend the air tanks more centered in the same space they were. I brazed the copper with more 1/2" line. Works good. Just need the PTO setup now.
That sounds First Class to me!
Now to find the parts to make the whirring sound to stir some fluid.
That looking and waiting is a killer...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks