• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need some exhaust hanger advice

rdragoo

Just got out from under my M1008 to see whats missing as i try to put a factory style exhaust back under it. someone put a set of glass packs on it and it's just too loud. Looks like its still has factory exhaust pipes and someone just clamped on these straight through mufflers with turn downs and no tail pipes. It appears all the factory hangers with rubbers are still there except the hanger on the passenger side in back of the muffler. Hangers in front of the mufflers are ok. In back of the right muffler, it has a metal brace coming from the frame but nothing on the end to clamp to. I know there must have been some kind of rubber and metal assembly on the end on this brace that is made to clamp the pipe to. It's a little different in shape than the drivers side brace, on the opposite side. Anyone know a gm part number or a suitable hanger for this one in back of the right muffler? Of course all the on-line catalogs like NAPA don't show it. Must be a factory piece. I wonder if these trucks had the same exhaust hangers as the civ models??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks