• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need someone in Eastern CT or RI to work on my deuce!!

BimmerPower

Banned
Well I've pretty much decided not to try and toy with my front axle boot seals or more importantly my air pack/brake system tune up. I would prefer to have someone that has worked on these trucks before and knows the system take a look at it. Does anyone know somewhere or someone local to me that is willing or able to help me out?

The one truck shop around me doesn't even know what they're talking about on the truck, saying I have to remove the whole axle from the truck. :cookoo: Help me guys... the warm weather is here and I want to make sure it is safe to drive before I take it out!

O.D. Fever

Buck up and read the T.M. and do the work yourself. If you want to own one of these trucks you need to learn which end of the wrench is the box end and the open end. Just my 2 cents..Joe:beer:

Kalashnikov

The axle boots are easy to do. You can't screw them up unless you cut them somehow.

What exactly do you mean a tune up on the brakes?

I'd consider coming over, but I'm swamped with my own projects at the moment.:?

BimmerPower

Banned
The axle boots are easy to do. You can't screw them up unless you cut them somehow.

What exactly do you mean a tune up on the brakes?

I'd consider coming over, but I'm swamped with my own projects at the moment.:?
I might tackle the boots but the brakes worry me. They work but at times get very hard to press. I don't know much about the brakes on these trucks and would hate to not have them when I need them. From what I read on the forums, the airpack is the culprit

O.D. Fever

First , bleed the water out with the bleeder valves, then check the fluid level, under the plate on the drivers floor. Then use the external adjusting bolts to set all the brakes the same. READ.READ.READ....