• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need tec help m151

rudedog

Just bought m151 from freind spouse that pass away was 80 % restored. Never been into mutts have a m715 m35a2 m35a2 with telephone pole auger attatchment and who knows how many other things i have hidden at freinds houses. Question is the battaries are dead to start with only been siting 8 months has master disconnect but besides that i have 24 volt jump box and hooked it up and got lights no starter. Now that being said i have been a technition 4 10 years and had no tools with me when i went to look at it other than jump box . It looks like the starter switch is behind the clutch peddle just buy looking at size of wires on starter and swich. need to get it to turn over to get it out of building hard to tell you the reason for this butt cant get my winch cable to it because of other stuff in the way . is there any other cut off swithes or sequence of stuff to get it to turn over. it ran when parked and starter worked every time before it sat.

vtdeucedriver

Bad ground somewhere. I have had that happen before, just not enough to turn it over. Clean the cables and try it again. There should be no other cut off other than ignition.

Join the
www.g838.org
Nothin but mutt owners, I included!!

rudedog

So only switch on dash master on off and push down the starter button behind clutch pedal. When I pushed it down it clicked like a dimmer switch, but no dimmer swicth has wirers that big.,and clean all the cables and she should start . Going to try and get her this weekend. This building is packed full of crap and had to climb over stuff to get to it and there is no light . This one has no dash plates I thought it had them in the past when he was restoring it ill look around if not where is some id stampings at i have found some on my other rigs to help id them but have never had a mutt before. thanks for the help

vtdeucedriver

The only other data numbers other than data plates are the Budd plate, that is located under the hood on the firewall right behind the valve cover. Tho it may not be there, some are known to be missing. Post some pics when you get a chance. You may need to pull the trans cover to clean the other cable at the starter. But before doing that, clean up the battery ones and the main ground and you may get lucky by just doing that.

Jeff

rudedog

got rebuild kit for carb complete one including hard parts and rebuit carb. installed carb and got it to start and adjusted it . purred like a kitten . let it idle for 5 min then shut it down went to start it back up and it was a chore , when it finaly started it was sputtering and backfireing would not idle . pulled plugs looked fine. tryed to start again and it was a no go it is acting like the ignition or timing is off no spark at times and spark some time has electronic ignition . one batt is low on voltage will this make it break down the coil and not fire if its below 24 volt . now i remember why i hate gasoline engines

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks