• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need to mount wheels on MEP803A

JeremyWigmore

I made a crude cradle with heavy locking casters for my 803a.

I wanted to make it more portable - if you can imagine that - so I wanted something where I could grab some handles and move the machine around. I keep the machine in my garage and wheel it outside when I need it, but also end up moving it to other properties at times. Some of my design ideas:

- Handles on each end of the machine to push/pull/manhandle the machine without pushing on the sheet metal.
- Handles needed to not get in the way of any of the access panels or doors.
- Handles needed to be able to be removed easily (see pinned connection to cradle frame).
- Needed to be able to easily lift the machine off the cradle via the fork pockets (using my tractor)
- Casters needed to be heavy enough to hold the machine, with brakes strong enough to keep it from vibrating/rolling away on my sloped driveway.

One of these days, I intent to refinish it all - paint, stencils, etc. One of these days...
IMG_5449.JPG
IMG_5450.JPGIMG_5451.JPGIMG_5452.JPGIMG_5453.JPGIMG_5454.JPG

Bluevic443

Frame from a discarded project:
IMG_5812.JPG

Risers to get it to the height I wanted a cross bars to set it on:
IMG_5814.JPG
IMG_5822.JPG

Found that the steel wheel cart rolls better with the heaver 803 than the rubber wheeled cart for the 802. :cool:

Chainbreaker

From the looks of it you met your design objectives nicely! Good idea having the handles and with pinned handles at that!