• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Needing 5 Ton locker

StraightUpRacing

We are in need of 5 ton Rockwell Lockers. We are interested in either factory or Detroit lockers but are at a loss as to where to find them after being told that they were discontinued. This seems like a great site to start on my search for these parts. I'm not sure of the year of my axle, but it is a 5 ton top loader. Any help would be a life saver.
Teri

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or, you can contact Taylor's Surplus in GA. He had take-outs available a while back. I am not saying that GEARHART is not reputable, but I can vouch for M1075. I have done a lot of business with him in the past and he is a good guy...always honest and you always get what you buy. Most guys on this list will know M1075.

powerhouseduece

Russ at Gearhart Engineering has them for less than a 1000 new. Gearhart Engineering And the goin used price is around 600 each. Sorry not tryin to ruin someones deal but they are available and you can buy them new from detroit but you must order 10 or more before they will make them.
Thanks for the Info, Your avatar the poster child for Gearhart? lol I just got to wait till after Christmas to just order 1! I might just order 1 ever 3 months!

My axles are full on 5 ton toploaders but have the factory Rockwell airlockers. It is the same setup as is on M35Tom's 2.5 tons. They didn't come in any military trucks that I know of. These came from a crane. Though most parts are the same as the military 5 ton they use the same hubs, knuckles, spindles, and housings, the main differences are that they have bigger ujoint style axle shafts and the locker cyl. and internals. Mine came with 5.81 ratio gear sets but I put military 6.44's in them for more gear. I bought 3 full sets from a scrapyard for $.20 a lb. These are the only ones I've ever seen. but after talking with Russ Gearhart right after I met him he said he has seen a few of these too and knows where some are, but he said they want somewhere around $2000 for just a front.

Unforgiven

I don't understand the Gearhart axle assemblies. Is the differential still a 2.5 ton/16 spline differential or is it a 5 ton differential? The axle shafts are larger diameter. so the differential has to be change as well, right?

How would one keep 2.5 ton axle housings & differentials but use 5 ton hubs?