• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Needing a little help deciding some truck things

Landman87

I am in search of truck .mil that i can put a machine i recently purchased on. The specs say i need a truck with a 56k GVW capacity. The empty weight of the machine is right around 10k. And weighs fully loaded 42k. Been looking at all kinds of specs and things like that. The 5 ton is to light yet i see others in my line of work using one or at least i think its a 5 ton. Been looking at a HEMTT but is that to much overkill? What are your recommendations ?? I will try and get some pictures loaded of current trucks.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
A M927/928. M934/935 trucks have frame reinforcements. You can further upgrade their suspension to handle the weight by switching to wrecker springs. Those have a 25k load on them constantly with a wrecker setup. It is 7 springs and an i beam. It wont give really. The 5 ton would do just fine. Especially with the reinforcement frame or fab your own fron channel run.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know of two 5 tons(M809 series) that have hydro-seeders that look like that.

I know they did not modify the frames(single now).

They been in use for at least 5 years or more.

Last edited:

Landman87

I think the biggest issue is will it put you over weight on your axles in your state.
You don't run on the streets loaded hardly ever. So i'm not as worried. But i will also be doing work for the state when i'm on the street most of the time.

Now to find a decent deal on a truck. Off to the classifieds i go.

tobyS

The M931 is rated to a 55K# trailer. Otherwise PP is right about being over on the axle.

tobyS

I have to agree 98G. The 250 has a better low end and the duals are stable. I always knew the 817 front was pulling when it needed to, so no complaints there. Overall on and off, the 8.3T is nice and I found the 395 Mich XZL is a lot more stable with a load than the GY AT-2 14.00's.

How about a M916A3 lengthened out?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks