• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Needs a Name...

RECONJON

Hello All,

We are now the proud owners of an M35A3 and new members of this very special group of patriots. Its been a few years that i had been intersted in an A2 an did nothing about it. I recently was introduced to your community and found a lot of great info and people on here, turns out the guy who hooked me up with our truck is an SS member and mentioned that lots of info was here. Not quite sure the giddiness over it but it sure is fun, harmless fun. Patricia shall be her name!
Any rants? Raves? Thanks for letting me share!

Brits on Drill!

Jon

and Recon Rosie
Spc Brittany
Alfredo, James and Ashley
Sasha and Max

Attachments

Last edited:

mikey

Welcome aboard. Nice deuce. Don't worry, the rants will follow shortly. The first one will be "Please list your city and state as per site rules". Just a heads up...

RECONJON

Thompson CT

Let me check with Dick, he gets mad when i give out the address, last time he wouldnt come to the bunker for a week.

Sorry about that

RECONJON

Working on her

Good Morning All,

Thanks for the feedback, no mods yet. I have been working on paint for a while, mechanically she is in top shape, Bed and body really have very little rust, mostly peeling paint and frame is like new. Picked up a Bow kit from JTONKA at COMVEC show in June. I did make a new section of top rail that was split and the troopseat up lock was failing. That came out nice. Finding the right tan/brown has been tough, its not the standard 383 brown that was used on the A2's. Taupe and nutmeg are the best match I have found locally. Im chasing an antenna kit now, and would love to go hard top. Still looking for the Ellusive Green 3 color camo cargo cover. Those are on the list. Down the road, maybe a gear swap, or trans upgrade. She rides nice, Cruises at about -51-52 MPH on the hilly highways of the Northeast. If anything, its not speed Im looking for, Id like to decrease operating RPM on the highway. AT 51 we are approaching 2700.

:driver:

Jon

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks