• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Neglected M151a1

Bryan 45

Well, not really neglected. It's been stored inside for about 18 of the 19 years I've owned it. I've put about 8K miles on it in those years. Drove it quite a bit for the first year or two after I got it, but then had two kids- and only got the 151 out on sunny days to drive in the neighborhood. It's probably never sat more than 6 weeks without taking a 5 mile drive. My kids are old enough now to get out and enjoy it with me- and the 13 year old is getting pretty good at driving it around the house.

I had a tail light quit working about 2 years ago due to corrosion- all the lamp holders were so corroded they broke when I tried to replace lamps. I don't know why I waited so long- but finally ordered a replacement A1 rear light a couple weeks ago. It came in Friday, took all of 10 minutes to change out. We now have all lights functional with exception of left turn! The left turn signal quit working I'm going to say 5-6 years ago, I think it's in the column mounted turn signal switch, because if you wiggle it enough it'll flash a time or two. Maybe I'll troubleshoot that in the next couple years. :)

Black-out drive, markers, and stop all work though. I've tried driving on my street before with just the BO drive- talking about tough! (no streetlights where I live- very rural)

Ready to head to a MV show! Can't wait for a local one in October.

Attachments

lilmonce

Well, not really neglected. It's been stored inside for about 18 of the 19 years I've owned it. I've put about 8K miles on it in those years. Drove it quite a bit for the first year or two after I got it, but then had two kids- and only got the 151 out on sunny days to drive in the neighborhood. It's probably never sat more than 6 weeks without taking a 5 mile drive. My kids are old enough now to get out and enjoy it with me- and the 13 year old is getting pretty good at driving it around the house.

I had a tail light quit working about 2 years ago due to corrosion- all the lamp holders were so corroded they broke when I tried to replace lamps. I don't know why I waited so long- but finally ordered a replacement A1 rear light a couple weeks ago. It came in Friday, took all of 10 minutes to change out. We now have all lights functional with exception of left turn! The left turn signal quit working I'm going to say 5-6 years ago, I think it's in the column mounted turn signal switch, because if you wiggle it enough it'll flash a time or two. Maybe I'll troubleshoot that in the next couple years. :)

Black-out drive, markers, and stop all work though. I've tried driving on my street before with just the BO drive- talking about tough! (no streetlights where I live- very rural)

Ready to head to a MV show! Can't wait for a local one in October.
I like the color! Same as mine here in the cactus patch. Glad your enjoying it again.
:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks