• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Neville and blue box woes

phcoffeedrinker

Hello everyone, does anybody have any tips that might help me on this situation. I can't keep my CUCV charged. It has the 2 Neville alternators and the great blue box in the engine compartment. The batteries will hold enough charge for only about 4 start ups with use of the glowplugs. This has become quite a pain in, well you know what. Is there anything that I might be able to change around or anything like that. It is really starting to drive me batty. Any help would be greatly appreciated or if anyone knows of a good guy I can take it to near Beaufort, SC that would be awesome.

Michael

Has your truck had the "orange wire conversion"? The pdf for it is in the reference section. I would also recommend that you do the troubleshooting in the -20 and then the -30.

This charging system rarely works properly. I got mine to do so so, but it never seems to keep the batteries in top charge. I ended up unhooking the front battery ground at the end of every day and recharging the batteries with an electric charger on a regular basis to top them off.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Assuming it is all factory stuff....

First, check the alternator output. Then, top off the batteries. Then, check for the "Orange Wire Kit". Then, switch the positions of the orange and red wires on the bigger blue box (front and rear studs).

Search the forum for more detailed instructions/description.

Always turn off the master light switch when you park the truck for any length of time.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just search on "DUVAC" in the forums and read those. The "No Juice" thread is the last place I typed a lot about it...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks