• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new, and also from utah....

lostinutah

just became the proud owner of an 85 m1009. found lots of good information here to get me started. already got her stuck, and cant wait to really go play. I have many more questions, and i know this is the place to find answers. Thanks everyone

MtnSnow

Welcome fellow Utahn. What part of Utah? There is a good number of us along the Wasatch front with a smattering elsewhere.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard from sunny south Florida. Congrats to you on your new acquisition and to all of you on the recent elections.

Another Ahab

Guessing that's your rig, in your avatar:

- Looks great.

- Love to see a posted shot of her, and get a better look.

Hey: got a buddy who skis Utah every year, and always tells me with a straight face it's pronounced "oo-tah". He's busting' my chops, right?

And welcome, from Virginia.

lostinutah

pleasant grove.....and yes im very pleased with the elections. took her up around mt timpanogos today with the family. very powerful and lots of approving nods and thumbs up from fellow trail riders. ill try to post a couple more pictures. have a few changes and upgrades but thats after snow season when i can ride my motorcycle.

Gunzy

Welcome. I'm a M923 owner in Roy by Ogden. Mntsnow and I get together for different things from time to time and you are welcome to join us any time you like.

MtnSnow

Absolutely...The same holds true for any other MV addict in Utah or elsewhere!

PG is close enough to hit a car/truck show there or you come Up to Davis/Weber county for some of ours!

lostinutah

the red "thing'' is a winch power cable. the guy that sold it to me kept the winch. could have used it when i got stuck. far from show worthy, but id be glad to take it out and show it off. the thing has 3 layers of carc paint. original was tan, may have been a desert storm truck, but im not sure how to check it out. then two layers of green. id llike to take it back to desert tan. and pay homage to the trucks legacy, while giving it a bit of civilian treatment.

Last edited:

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey: got a buddy who skis Utah every year, and always tells me with a straight face it's pronounced "oo-tah". He's busting' my chops, right?
I'm no "native born" Utah resident, but I've not heard it said "oo-tah". I hear the 'U' pronounced quite well (Like "you-tah"). Now the 't' in "mountain" is usually absent... :p

lostinutah

Im originally from Alabama and i pronounce it you-taw, and I never get corrected.. There seems to be a lot of utah guys here, any steel soldier rallys, meet ups, or swap meets held regularly? I checked out the UMVC and my truck seems a little small and relatively newer than most of those guys. Any cucv trail clubs or gatherings?