• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new aux. light system

HASSON1911

So this past week i wanted to light up my path more than the stock lights do.So i went to the store and got 8 halogen flood lights I'll put pics of the back once i hook those up.(i wanted them for backing up). Nice setup i think a normal light set i found would cost up to $800 but so far this one has only cost my $200.

Attachments

CobraCDR

Lights looks good, but make sure you are not using the new lights for on-road use!

I recommend you google up the "MN State Statutes, Chapter 169, Traffic Regulations" or try the link below. Minnesota state law restricts the number, placement and use of forward-facing white lights on vehicles for on-road use. Lots of good information in this particular chapter of the statute. It's always best to research what's legal before you spend the money on it. Since you already have the lights mounted, just read closely and don't use them on the road.

Here is the link:

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=169

Check it out, follow the guidance and save yourself a ticket! This is a primary offense, so you can be pulled over for it during on-road use.

They do look good and would be great off-road lights!

HASSON1911

Dillgaf, they are actually 12v lights wired in series of two so they are drawing 24v. ex. the bumper lights are one series and then the top out and top inside are two other series.

Cobra, ya i thought that too so i did look it up i believe its only two driving lights but these are so d** bright ill probably use them only when I'm off roading :D

Last edited:

HASSON1911

That'll be nice black. i'll post some pics of night time and toggles once i get the head gaskets get fixed. they are pretty nice. Also the toggle board i built is pretty sweet too

OverSizeHeavyHauler

Napa has a 13V Aircraft landing gear spot light that fits right into a 620W rubber light housing. its so dadgum bright, you can count the windings on the filaments.

I use them on a KC Hilite relay with an extra separate battery under the passenger seat.

Mind you, they dont just go off, them dim down. and theyre only $25 a bulb, plus the 7or 8 for the 620W housing. plus the the 620W comes with a floodlight bulb to start, so its a good spare.

Firejareen

Virginia has similiar laws regarding lighitng. Just get some covers for the lights and that should settle the issue of too many lights. Also it will protect them from debris getting kicked up and breaking the lenses while on the highway.

Un-related...why do you have your bumper upside down?

HASSON1911

Ya I've been thinking of covers or an actual metal guard around them to protect from branches on trails. About the bumper i was under the assumption that with the winch and paperclips that that was the correct way for it to be, and trucks with out winches would be flipped to they way that your thinking of. Also its just the way it came when i bought it.

DeucesWild11

Great Job Hasson

I am in the process of buying my first Deuce. It's a bobbed version that used to be a fire truck so it only has about 1,200 miles on it. It's already set up for aux lighting which had been taken off during the conversion. I am going to try the 12v in a series like you said, should work out.. Thanks and great job by the way..

Attachments

Firejareen

Metal screens would protect the lights from branches but they don't count to hide the lights for on-road use. I was just thinking that the Police don't bother covered lights on the road here in VA. I have forgotten to put the covers on mine and I have been pulled before and asked about them.
The paper clips on the bumper are a USMC addition for lifting the truck onto a ship. The pin on the rear leaf packs is the rear lifting point.

HASSON1911

Deuce that looks like a **** of a nice truck there and the 12v series i think is a smarter way to go too.(money and availability wise) and cobra thanks for the info. But the law enforcement up here in Roseau is pretty laid back. The strictest cop up here thought its was a pretty bad @$$ truck, so i don't think I'll have too much problem with the fuzz.:-D

And, fire I knew about the points in the back where for lifting, but wasn't the top d-rings used to lift the truck and paper clips used to tie it to the ship. any who that's what my TM says about the front rings

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks