• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New brush truck...should I keep?

estes

New to this forum...and all forums. Never posted anywhere that I can remember. Just titled this thing....got to get it running now...batteries were removed and tried some car batteries but she wouldn't turn over....think batteries were too small...too dead
....or connections...just thought to share ...26000 miles....wondering if I should keep or sell?

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
New to this forum...and all forums. Never posted anywhere that I can remember. Just titled this thing....got to get it running now...batteries were removed and tried some car batteries but she wouldn't turn over....think batteries were too small...too dead
....or connections...just thought to share ...26000 miles....wondering if I should keep or sell?
Well... Two batteries should be more than enough to turn the truck over. Not especially going to start it, but it should at least "grunt" or try to turn over.

You might need to investigate a little before you plugged in the batteries. There has to be a starter. Question is this: Is it the stock starter (24 volt) or has the Fire Department (FD) changed out the starter to be a 12 volt? Did you wire up the batteries in series or in parallel? Did you check the voltage on those batteries?

Looks to me like it's worth keeping.

estes

Thanks for the reply and the advice. I think I will keep it...only 2200 all in right now...including the purchase of these battery beasts! I had the others in series...compressor? Kicked in but no joy with starter...sounded like dead battery or weak ground....will have to investigate further once it warms up a bit... I read somewhere that I can replace the relay inexpensively but don't know what to buy or how to wire it up...suggestions? Thanks again!

Attachments

estes

Thanks for the reply and the advice. I think I will keep it...only 2200 all in right now...including the purchase of these battery beasts! I had the others in series...compressor? Kicked in but no joy with starter...sounded like dead battery or weak ground....will have to investigate further once it warms up a bit... I read somewhere that I can replace the relay inexpensively but don't know what to buy or how to wire it up...suggestions? Thanks again!
Lol wrong picture!!! Told you I am new to this technology stuff,!
Lol..wrong picture...told you I am new to posting! Can't figure out the camera function....lol...

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have an Interstate battery close by go there and pick up 2 of their special batteries they get from dealers that didn't sell them in time. Or you can get a couple of blemish batteries. You do not need 6TL Armalite as that is incredible overkill.

Make sure the starter is the correct (original 24v) one.

Wire the batteries like this:
1709223940402.png

Guyfang

Staff member
Ben, you can also tape off the battery terminals and tow start it. These trucks start easy. If your on a down hill incline, 3-4 guys can push start it easy. But only do it in forward gear. In reverse, is not good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks