• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New CUCV

CCATLETT1984

the us decided to stick with the humvee over these, a lot of nato countries are isung these trucks. There is also a regular pickup model. I even saw one for sale on ebay a while ago. you can order one from GM minus a few of the mil-spec options (like the blackout lights).

mutt1966

There was one at Aberdeen it was in the Contact Maintenance config.
and a dually had blackout lights and winch Chevvy bowtie in middle
of both bumpers, anyone get a pic. O&O Scott

muddobber40

Hey M1075..do you have a seller's ID? I bid on it the first time...talked to the guy on the phone and he said he could not let it go for less than $35K and wasn't making a profit then..pfffttt..then as soon as the auction ended he sent me a second chance offer of $31K

MATT

I wish the US would get them to replace the M1008's. Are the M1008 being phased out of the military? These new Chevs would make great wildland trucks.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
the CUCV is dead as far as military procurement. Yes, they are still being used for garrison ops such as range control vehicles, but the HMMWV is here, and that signed the death certificate for the procurement of the CUCV back in 1985.

M35guy

thats because of the body on that particular one. if you see one with the truck bed, its likely to look much more normal.

citizensoldier

This truck was just at the Findlay show. The guy who had it there said he just bought it off of ebay??? Anyway it has a all alluminum body so it wont rust. I cant stand this pariticular front end that smiles at you but it was neet to see. It is very low in the back and lacks that upward slant like the CUCV version. I would be pulling this thing out all the time. For the money I would rather have a completely rebuilt 5 ton or even a HEMMIT or something that is a better truck. Hell you could rebuild 4 CUCV ambulances for that much money... :) :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks