• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce in MD - pics and numbers (and questions)

racer-xerols

Hi all, I finally got a day off and it stopped raining, so here's some pics of my new deuce. I also had a chance to put a wrench on it, and it appears that tightening the fittings on the injector pump took care of the leaks. I'll drive it a bit to make sure, but a couple of the lines were fairly loose. Cranking on them with a handheld 11/16" seems to have done the trick.

First time posting pics here, so we'll see how it goes.

There is a data plate on the bottom left of the dash I can't read, it has a toggle switch in the middle. Underneath is a tab/panel with a hi/off/lo switch that I assume is the cabin heater fan.

From the dash:
Stock number 2320-077-1617
ID # 04A 21070 0325 26235
Contract DAAE-06-68-c-0007

Engine serial number 3987916

Frame number 0325 26235

Front bumper 77RRC 854E and what looks like 11345 on the other side

Attachments

rfischba1

Nice looking truck, mine looked just like yours when I picked it up three years ago, A few new parts, some paint and a lot of hard work and $$ big differance. I'll post a picture,
Welcome and enjoy the ride.

No.2Diesel

Welcome!! Nice Winch truck! Yeah I'm pretty sure its for the heater fan.

P.S. (Shameless RC Rally Plug)

If your interested in taking your new Deuce offroad and meeting some of your fellow Steel Soldiers, then join us in October 10-12 at RC Offroad Park for a weekend of fun!

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The data plate you can't read is for the intake manifold flame heater, I believe. Someone probably has a pic of the exact verbiage...

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Your truck came out of Ft Dix, NJ and the 854th Engineer Battalion. Their motor sergeant was Ricky Pitman but I'm pretty sure he was transferred last year. Based on the bumper number it may have been one of those kept at the ECS storage. That unit partially transitioned to LMTV's over the past year but they ran outta trucks to complete it. Other than that I don't know anything about them (LOL). I'm on a self imposed SN vacation until the 18th.

racer-xerols

Great information, thanks! The truck looks to be pretty well-maintained. There's a nick in one of the heater hoses at the heater box, but all the soft items are in good shape, the air filter looks brand new, all the lights work, generator/air pressure / oil pressure all good, and she fires right up. And now it appears the injector pump doesn't leak anymore!

Oh, I did mean to ask - is there an O-ring that goes in the dipstick? It threads onto the tube but looks like it's leaking a little oil on the intake tube...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks