• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce owner here! Did I pick a good one?

dma251

Hello, I have been reading the threads on here for a little while, and have been planning on purchasing an M35 soon. I saw this on Ebay and figured now is as good a time as any...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...em=4599331504&sspagename=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:US:31

I have read the regular threads about how to plan for the pick-up trip, so I am getting ready for that in a week or so.

Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself, I appreciate the advice I have found already and that I will get in the future.

Wish me luck!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Looks good to me, congratulations.

There's a lot to learn here, enjoy your stay.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like you did well on that one! Price is decent too. I looked at the pics when it showed up on Ebay. Let us know how it goes!

Christmas arrived in a big way for dma251. Where are you from? You need to post that in your signature.

Well, ya beat me to it. I was going to buy that today since it is near my shop in Northern California (Yuba City). Hah! Good job. I already have one so it went to a worthy and deserving new member.
You'll need to let us know how it turns out. It would be even better yet if it is an absolute jem of a truck so that you could rub my nose in my tardiness. :) :) :)

I sent a question to the owner as to how he arrived at a 1966 model and AMG all in the same sentence. Let us know if AMG is on the data plate. If it is, it is more like a 1971 model (or newer).

Welcome aboard!

Dieselsmoke

Oh wow, I didn't know Steve was selling it!! I've seen that truck personally and will say it is in fact a nice truck. You're getting it for darn near what he paid for it originally.

dma251

Sorry about the missing location - I'm in Arlington, WA.

I think I got it changes correctly in my user profile now, we'll see.

Thanks for the good words, I spoke to Steve today, and it sounds like a really good rig. I am a little unsure about the AMG thing too, but the paperwork all says AMG, so whatever it is, I shouldn't have any trouble getting the titling done.

I'll post some pics when I get it.

Got my answer back from the seller. The SF 97 says AM General on it.

Sounds like you have a winner there dma251.

Hope you do a road trip in it and take pictures/write a log on the trip back to Arlington. BTW I lived in Issaguah from '96-'98.

Do you know when you are coming down to get it? I am going to try and be in the area the first week of January.

We need another good story like that of the "Frog".

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
dma251,
I tried to purchase that deuce last time Steve had it up on eBay but another bidder was only $15 short of his reserve. I guess he never purchased it. I've talked to Steve at length and I concur that you got an EXCELLENT truck. And you don't have near as far to drive as I would have to Denver. I would have gone over two mountain ranges. Not that I don't think the truck wouldn't do it. Being a 1953 model myself, I'm not sure that I WOULD have faired as well as the truck would have. Way to go and like the folks here said, keep a diary of the trip back. You won't be sorry you did. Especially ten or fifteen years from now. For pictures, one of those cheapy disposable cameras (or two) and getting a CD made at the time of processing with NO prints will make you a very happy camper. You can then pick and choose which ones you want to print fairly cheaply.

Dieselsmoke,
Steve told me he was considering selling his truck. Maybe not though. If you've seen this truck, what does his personal truck look like? If he would consider selling it, have him contact me here in Denver. He can email me or call me, as he has my number. Tell him 'Jim in Denver' would love to find out one way or the other. jim

dma251

I'm planning on driving down from the Seattle to the San Fransisco area on Sunday night Jan 8 and bringing the Deuce back up that Monday/Tuesday. I will take some pics of the trip. It sounds like this is a pretty solid rig, so with any luck there won't be any major stories to tell about it- but I do these type of adventures every couple years or so, and I know that anything could happen.

Steve seems like a pretty straight-up guy, so if he says it's a clean truck I guess that's good enough for me.

Dieselsmoke

Gary, gimme a call if you're gonna be up here. I'll be around that week. Maybe we can hook up with dma251 and meet anohter member. Bring sand bags though, I was just got home from Yuba City, the Feather River is starting to flood into the motocross track and soccer fields on the east side...ain't seen that kind of water in there in quite some time.
Jim, will do, he keeps wanting to buy my 1009 so he'll have to sell his personal deuce then :)

Hi Bill,

Yeah, that would be good to see dma251 get off on a good start - especially with that truck of mine he bought. :)

Yeah, so I hear about the Yuba River. My shop is just on the other side of the levee from the motocross track next to the 10th St Bridge by Mathews Ready Mix.
Just think of all them brand new houses by Shanghai bend if the levee lets go again. Oh man, they're not even finished and most of them are already sold. I'll bet the lawyers are gonna be thicker than those vultures that roost in the Eucalyptus trees where the 99/70 splits.

Dieselsmoke

LOL, yeah but the Corps of Engineers said everything is A-OK :roll: Yeah, saw your shop one day, forget what i w doing over there...oh, had to drop something off at Cal-west concrete cutting. Cool, maybe we can all hook up for lunch or something.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks