• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from CA - Looking for vehicle advice

McCluskey

Hello!

My name is Kevin McCluskey, and I am a Southern California resident. I'm an ex-WWII re-enactor and there is where I found my love for military vehicles and equipment. I've been around a fair share of vehicles from tanks to aircraft from all eras. As I approach my 18th birthday, I'm looking for my first car to get. As I'm sure you can guess, it's going to be something military. I've looked into many possibilites, from Willys Jeeps to Hmmwvs. I think I've found what I want in a M1009. Being the reason I came to this site. I know of a few sellers in the state, but I need gernal information about the vehicles and information about modifications I have in mind for one. So, you should see a thred of mine in the proper area soon.

What I've seen of the site, I like very much. I hope the site can continue to offer me such useful information. Thank you.

-Kevin

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome!

If you want an MV as a daily driver, it's hard to go wrong with an M1009.

ems4ty

Welcome to the site Kevin. I've got a 1953 Reo M35 Gasser for sale..... :-D Anyways, you'll find all the help you need right here on SS. Lots of great people and lots of great stories. Hope all is well my fellow Orange County resident...

-Tyler

tractor

Wow a 9th id ex in here. M1009s are nice carryalls are nicer but use more fuel. My daily driver will be a 1941 Dodge WC 9 for around town in a few months. To get my mail will be a 1945 weasel. Besides those 2 I got nothing to drive

Last edited:

McCluskey

Wow a 9th id ex in here. Try reenacting again with another unit. M1009s are nice carryalls are nicer but use more fuel. My daily driver will be a 1941 Dodge WC 9 for around town in a few months. To get my mail will be a 1945 weasel. Besides those 2 I got nothing to drive
How did you know I was 9th ID? Have we met before?

Welcome Kevin! Check the classifieds here, last time I looked 100dollarman had one for sale. He's a So Cal guy.
I can't seem to find his thread about it. Can you link me?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks