• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from central PA

StoneMill

Just saying hi and wanted to thank the members here on SS. I've always wanted an old MV but it never seemed like a good time to buy one. Decided to just go ahead and do it. Bought a truck from zb39 here on SS this past Sunday. Had some problems with the drive across PA, but now it's home and things can get straightened out. I found a ton of info on the forums and already printed out a bunch of TMs.

I'm from Elizabethtown, PA. Hopefully I can hook up with some local guys on here to check out their trucks. I'd love to make it to the Rausch Creek event but I work every weekend so no go there. Maybe Sunday. I'm up that way (Reading Anthracite Land) every week. Can't wait to try out the deuce on some of the trails and mud.

Attachments

Last edited:

gunboy1656

Welcome,

I have been out to elizabethtown quite a few times. I am located about an hour south of zb39. You will probably get razzed for not putting up pics. enjoy your new toy.

What issues you have going across the state?

StoneMill

Welcome,

What issues you have going across the state?

Posted in the deuce section. Got to about Dubois and clutch started to slip because of the rear main seal going out. Had it towed from there. Also noticed the front drivers side needs a wheel seal. Pulling the tranny this Sunday to check things out. Need to find the best sources for parts now.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clutch parts can be had from some of the surplus dealers...Saturn Surplus, I believe Coleman's (Both in Millersburg, PA) have them. Eric's Military Surplus in CA has them as well. and many others. The rear main can be had locally at NAPA or any good industrial bearing supplier. It is a CR seal. A little search on the site will dig up lots of helpful information about the subjects.

By the way, welcome aboard. I'm originally from the Altoona area and there seem to be quite a few guys from PA on here.

Edit...I looked back through and found a thread I had about pulling my transmission and replacing the rear main seal while I had it out.

Pulled the Transmission today!!!

Last edited:

OLDCHEV4X4

Welcome from south eastern PA. (Coatesville).
I have friends in Trevorton and Shamokin (Reading Anthracite Land).
Good luck with the deuce.

M37Dodge

E-town huh?

Hi neighbor. I'm over by the intersection of Bossler and Bainbridge Sts. I see You know about the Rausch Creek MV rally 10/22-25 - in case the weekend frees up. I'm going and would be glad to lend a hand/tools to get your truck ready.

Also, don't forget parades. I do the Bainbridge Memorial Day parade annually - Jeff Haines (Front Line Military Vehicles - Wrightsville 252-4489 - maybe has clutch you need (www.flmv.net).) will be trying to bring his half-track for the next one.

00-860-5420MAIN BRG. SET STD. MULTI FUEL
$65.00

Last edited:

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Greetings. I'm over in York and used to live in E-town a few years back on W. High St. You e-town guys need a hand, let me know. I had one of my trucks over there a few weeks ago.

Welcome aboard.

Eco

No.2Diesel

Hi,

Welcome....Congrats on your new Deuce! That stinks that you can't make it to the Rally. There are plenty of people there to help you out. Is that stone mill your home? Very cool. I like old industrial buildings. :razz:

Maybe we'll see you out on the road!

To All Pennsylvania forum members: Come attend the Rally with your MV!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks