• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from Conover,NC

firedog359

Hello everyone,
I have just found and joined the group after researching an M105A2 cargo trailer on GovPlanet.com. I am a volunteer firefighter/EMT-B, Hazmat Technician and Hospital telecommunicator. I am a military buff and love anything WWII. I hold an FFL C&R license and collect WWII and back battle rifles. I don't own any military vehicles right now but I'm looking to buy an M105A2 trailer. I live about 3 hrs west of Fort Bragg so I can drive down and pick up anything I buy from there. I may not contribute much to the forum at first as I will be reading your posts and learning all that I can about military vehicles but I hope to become more active as I learn more.

Shark Bait

A trailer will be the fruitful first taste of this addiction. Mine was an M1078, then m105, 3 M1102, M1082, an MK48 LVS, an M1070 HET and finally 2 M931A2's. My driveway looks cool but the parts addiction started and soon dunning out of space. Lol. Transmissions, transfer cases, axles, wheels, tires, tow bars..............
Welcome from West Virginia and good luck. It gets better, or worse, however you look at it.

Dave
Oh yeh, my acquisitions were all within the last 9 months. I have a very understanding, awesomely great wife. Lol

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Welcome to the site from KS. Unless you have a big truck you might want to think about a M101 series or a M1101/2 trailer. The M105 are nice but the weight w/o air for the brakes can make for some exciting rides in the mountains.

firedog359

Welcome to the site from KS. Unless you have a big truck you might want to think about a M101 series or a M1101/2 trailer. The M105 are nice but the weight w/o air for the brakes can make for some exciting rides in the mountains.
The truck that I have is a 1988 Chevy K1500 4 wheel drive. Is this too light a truck and is there any type of air system that can be added to my truck?

For that truck, a M1101 or M101 would be best. The m105 just looks too large/tall behind even a 1-ton truck. For short trips or hauling wood or something you would be fine, but if you plan to take it on the highway I think it would be a little much for your truck.

You could get a M105a3 as they have hydraulic surge brakes, or you could convert an older 105 to surge brakes, but a M1101 or M101 (a2/a3) already have surge brakes and are much lighter (1500 lbs or less vs. 2750lbs)

FloridaAKM

Welcome from sunny Florida. Get an M-1101 or a M-1102 as they are the same thing with just a different label rating. It comes with milspec surge brakes & LED lights on everything but the brake lights. Its empty weight is 1470 lbs & you can add an adaptor to the lighting harness to make it street legal. If the height is too much, pull the hummvee tires off & put some civilian tires on it that fit an 8 bolt rim. The M105a2 is too heavy for what you want @ 2700 empty & you really need air brakes to safely tow it on the road. Good luck with your choices.

The guys here are right, the green iron addiction is strong. I started with one M105a2 trailer for the Deuce & now have parking lot full of M-1102's & other stuff.