• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from Lake Barrington IL

4x4Guy

Started my research and ended here. I am looking to get a rolling chassis with a body basically a good start for a HMMWV project. So far I have had some good input on what and where and have a few sources, I hope all goes well. I am still searching for a nice tub/chassis, what I am unsure of is if I buy something with just the bill of sale is it even possible to register? Thanks for any and all input fellas, any sources you may have will be helpful!

Sam

ranchhopper

Be careful where you buy the tub I have a friend who bought one from a dealer and they continued to strip parts from it until he got there to get it and of course it was no longer in the condition it was when he paid them for it.

ryan77

Welcome im close to u! Couple of members in are area!! As far as buying something with no title in Illinois its going to be pia !! You might be able to get a bonded title after a inspection by the state police. Illinois is the worst with no title.

4x4Guy

Titling in Illinois is not so bad after all. They required I get a bonded title and the bond wasn't all that expensive, State Farm does them. The second part was the appraisal which I got done through Dave out of Ohio, worked out smoother than I expected.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks