• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from Louisiana

36racin

Hello all,
My name is Todd and I'm from Gonzales, La. I've been lurking around a few days now looking up information and reading threads. What a wonderful place this is. From the first thread I read I discovered that there is alot of people here that will go out of there way to assist even a stranger like me. There is tons of information and plenty to read. And all I was originally looking at was generator information.

Which is what brought me here. I am interested in purchasing a mil gen set for personal use during power outages(ie hurricanes). I actually got directed to this site from someone on Ebay selliing mil gens. Boy am I glad I asked him a few questions about the gens. Anyway I am looking for a 5kw or possibly a 10kw gen set.

As it appears several other on this forum are also seeking them as well. Is there a thread that discusses what to look for in them? I know it's pretty much luck of the draw. We may get a good one or and expensive paperweight as someone has called it. Any help and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the wonderful forum and I look forward to joining the ranks,

Todd

Broke Down

Welcome to the forum!!!!!! There is an area for gen sets on this board, use the search function as mush as possible before you post your question. As your looking though threads remember that there is a lot of information on youtube as well, if you are like me pictures and detailed video is a lot easier to follow than reading post. Take your time and look around, more than likely the information is here.

36racin

Thanks for the welcome. No damage from the storm. Thank God. Only loss of power for a day and a half. Hence the need for a larger generator. While my yamaha does the job it sure would be nice to power a few more things and not have to worry about overloading it. So the search is on.

Thanks,
Todd

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
welcome aboard. you will love it here. and love the 10 k gen set. if you can find them.. i bet the price just doubled after the storm thought. :beer:

36racin

Thanks guys for the welcome. I've been looking thru the past auctions on GL and the prices I have seen are pretty good. On both the 002 and 003 generators. So hopefully I can find one I like and make it happen.

Todd

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks