• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from Minnesota

SLR

I have been lurking on this forum and a few others for some time, and just joined this forum. Lots of great information here. I am wanting to get 6X6 vehicle, and have been looking into a M35A2. After doing lots of reading, researching, and conversations with people, I am leaning towards something that is a manual transmission and lack of computerized electronics and air assisted stuff, meaning that I think an older 60-70's vintage truck would work. I have looked at a few M35A2's and thought that was originally what I would like. Lately I have seen a few postings on the M109A3, and am leaning towards something like that since I am in Minnesota with winter etc. Is there anything specific that would make a person lean towards one vehicle versus the other?

deuceman51

Welcome! I'm just over in South Dakota and have years of deuce experience if you have any questions. I'm just going to warn you that MVs can become very addicting and one is never enough !!

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome!

I'm a MN native but the Army has decided that I should be a Southern boy, so I'm currently in NC, soon to be followed by VA...

SLR

Welcome! Where exactly do you live?
Thank you everyone for the welcome. I am in Andover, which is in the northwest Minneapolis/St.Paul metro area. I have not owned any Military vehicles as of yet, but have ridden in many from the M35A2, Willy's Jeep, to a Russian T34 Tank. I have the bug, just trying to figure out what to get.

Last edited:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard SLR I am just across the border in ND in the Fargo area. Your choice sounds pretty good but then the M35A2 is a pretty darned good option also, keep in contact with Deuceman51 he is a great guy and certainly know a whole heap about these trucks! Keep us posted on your progress and good luck!
KK

onegmjack

Welcome to the site.My first was a M35A2,choose it because I could camp in it with the cargo cover on.If wanted to haul something just take off cover.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks