• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from Ohio with a question

Clyde15

Hello,

My name is Ryan...I am helping a friend convert a deuce into a crew cab with other common / not common features. The question I have is how to remove the window from the door. There are 4 doors to be worked on and they are off the truck. Any help would be appreciated. I will also look through the tech manual in hopes of locating the steps to do so.

Take care, Ryan

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are brutally simple. Just look at the TM to see where the Jesus clips are and don't forget the stops bolted on the bottom of the door glass frames.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Pull the plate off the inside of the door.
Unscrew the 2 window stops, they are little angle brackets held on by 2 Philips head screws.
Take off the spring thingy retainers on the window regulator arms.
Pull window up and out.

Clyde15

With the help of the group it was very easy. The one hang up was the first door I was working on had a previous repair. In place of the clips there was a hole drilled in the pin and some safety wire and a washer holding the window to the regulator. Now if the rest of the project goes this smooth it would be great.

I plan on going to some of the events in or near the Ohio area...so hopefully when the time comes I will get to meet a few of the members. There are some impressive machines to check out, reenactments, veterans to speak with...it was a great experience at the last one I went to.

Take care and thank you, Ryan

treva2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you. Thank you to everyone who responded to this request. My best friend started this post to help me with my truck. I spent Saturday night and most of Sunday in the hospital because of chest and jaw pains. During my stay in the hospital, unknown to me, Ryan joined Steel Soldiers, asked the necessary questions, took the information you all provided to him on how to remove the windows, drove to my house and disassembled all 6 doors (2 are spares). Because of his efforts and all of your quick responses, I estimate that I am now several weeks ahead of where I thought I was going to be and have greatly reduced the stress I thought I was going to have when I got home from the hospital. The chest and jaw pains I had were a warning sign for me, not a heart attack. I had a stress test today and the doctor said I'm okay, but I need to exercise more vigorously and more often. I thank God for all of you and the great staff at the hospital.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks