• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New From Oklahoma

oklacowboy

Hello all!

I'm a newbie to the MV world, looking to pick up a Deuce! I had an M38A1 scrap heap once a few years back. Was nothing more than a rolling chassis. Before I got too far into it a guy offered me double what I paid so I was back out before I got my feet wet.

So about what I am wanting, I'm big on Emergency Communications. And I'm big on "Survivalist" type things.

I would like to pick up a M35A2 with the turbo multifuel. One with a van body on the back would be best so either a built bed, or M109 variant.

The idea is to have a vehicle in top condition, that I can build a communications room in the back of.

The killer is, while I am mechanically inclined, I am by no means a mechanic. I write checks. Also, looking at GL and google, it appears I will have to go to Philly to get one. Just not gonna fly.

I am here to learn, I've been browsing the site a few days now. I ask for guidance and patience as I learn and plans evolve....

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome.There is a group of us here in OK called the Oklahoma Convoy. We get together a few times a year.There are plenty of trucks in the area.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard and PM Bill (bsutter) about his purchase of an M185 from the Philly area. I'm sure he can fill you in on all the details.

M813A1

Welcome fellow OKIE !! Just remember the Green Fever is not curable, there is no known cure !! Once you have it you have it for Life !! Welcome aboard for the Green Ride !!

oklacowboy

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I took a look at that S280 idea... not a bad solution! I think right now I'm going to aim for just getting a Deuce and seeing what to do from there. The idea of perhaps a trailer for the radio gear, leaving the truck as a truck for playing and hauling is bouncing in my mind...

is this what the bug does... makes you buy more and more stuff??? guess I'm already infected.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks