• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New From Reedley, CA

J10man

I joined SS a while back but this is the first time i've been able to get on and check the site out. I love that there is so much experience on here, and the questions that have already been answered before i thought of them is a major plus.

I have always loved the military and all it has to offer, I even considered joining at one time but that didn't work out. My brother is in the Air Force and my family has a military history in mostly the Navy and Army.

As far MV's go. I'm a big fan of the 5 ton trucks although i have no experience with them. My plan for the future is to buy a 932 and van trailer and make it into an RV to travel around with, but that's some time away. I am a school bus driver so i don't get paid the best but big vehicle kinda run in my blood, if that makes sense. Until then i'm glad this site is here so i can do all my research and be prepared when i have the money.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard and you mean to tell me that you noticed that many questions have already been answered? Will wonders never cease.

:)

Can't wait to see your camping outfit. My next truck will be a 939 series.

dangeroustyz

Welcome to Georgia.... Yes Steel Soldiers is a GREAT site to be on. Anything you need answered is here. Alot of jokers as well. Have fun and enjoy the site..

J10man

Thanks for the welcome. I haven't had very intense questions, which I'm sure will come, but the ones I had we're answered and I'm glad. I haven't found too much in info on the web for military trucks and the first pic I saw of a 818 and trailer was on SS. It made me love the camper idea more.

J10man

I didn't realize anyone in this area had a deuce. I saw a 5 ton in Visalia a while back but it was gone before I could talk to the guy about it. Good to know people around here know what a good vehicle is.

Last edited:

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from the Sacramento/Vacaville area. I do business with Guardian down in Reedley...small world...hope to see you at Tower Park in April.