• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from Santa Rosa C.A.

makohon

thanks guys, i hate finding new boards because i spend way way to much time looking.. i havent seen to many ca people on here... i have been on here and it seems like most of the places are pretty far to get a deuce... it there anything good in cali? i have found alot of cheap places just not cali... pretty much my plans is to bob it "partially cuz in ca you need a cdl i believe for 3 axles" and it would work better for what i want to do.... to the guy in pasadena, i used to live in burbank off hollywood way but moved back up to northern cali but am about to come visit my friend in burbank and will be going to lucky baldwins in pasadena this weekend... well hope you guys could point me in the right direction for cheap good places in cali..... also is 3k realistic for a decent truck in cali? not looking for perfect but no rot and runs good?

19kilo

Welcome Makohon!~

I'm sure you'll find what your looking for. Lots of information on here and just ask if you need help with something. Tons of knowledge pooled up on this website in like minded hobby goers.

DesertDutchman

New here too...

I am VERY lucky as I am only an hour away from Barstow. Santa Rosa?!? My MIL lives up there in Kelseyville and my folks aren't to far from there in Farifield.

Any info on a trailer I can pull with my lifted F350 would point me right. I am thinking the M101 series, but would love to get one of those ones that they pull with the Humvee as I use those same tires for my prerunner Suburban....

ANy thoughts?

Barneyszoo

Welcome, just make sure you spell everything correctly and don't ask any questions that might make you out to be a begenner or the guys from the east will give you S..t :-DHAHA, but anyway I'm not bitter:roll:. Have fun.

DesertDutchman

Tain'r SKerd

Well, if I was thin skinned enough to let a few malcontented folks get the best of me, I be dead in the Hurt Locker by now. Being a Navy(BTCM) brat and an Army (15E20) Vet, I have dealt with the crap handed down by my wife's(6046) fellow Marines for 20+ years. Seeing as how at 6'11", 340 lbs, I can hold my own against the best of them. Working in the Personnel Protection field until recently taking a Civil Service Position with the Air Force, I am in no real danger of losing my job and between us, we do pretty well, so I am not unvalued and decently paid. In short, I am the nicest guy you'll meet, patient from learning how to deal with my daughters Autism, good with a weapon (.40 S&W) and not afraid to join in a discussion or argument.

Did I mention my son, Rob, is a transfer Sophomore Redshirt for the Divison I, PAC10 Cal Berkeley Bears Basketball team? (PROUD AS ****, since he came from a small school here in the High Desert, but was still named SoCal Player of the Year in 2007). I see a LOT of Nor'Easters out there, he transferred from Norwich University, where last year he was both Rookie of the Year AND MVP!! Love you son!!

Born in Jacksonville, Florida, I understand some of mentality created by living in humid, ugly weather and the somewhat backwards the culture can breed, even though some of my best friends wear the stars and bars. I fall back on the skills honed by years of bulletproof vests and spoiled celebrities, CCW permits and plain old common sense when dealing with ill-mannered individuals, left-wing whack jobs especially!!

So if you have ANYTHING to say about who I am, where I'm from or any other concerns about my lack of knowledge, step up. I can ignore stupidity with the best of 'em!

Reading through a few hundred posts last night/this morning, I have a lot to remember because it's been a LONG time since I had exposure to this equipment. Give me a break while I get up to speed.... having helped out a BRAND NEW GUNNY, congrats Shannon Deese of HMM-764, bob his first Deuce, I can't wait to wade into a smaller project of my own, an off road trailer for when I spend a week out in the desert.... I'm thinking an M105A3 trailer with Jerry Can mounts for 8 cans, four water and four diesel, two spare mounts for trailer and truck, hi-lift jack mounts and a drop in older tent trailer with integrated drop out ladder....
Thanks for the welcome aboard everybody, it's much appreciated....

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. I've been here for a couple of years and learned a ton about deuces before I bought. I'm now back in Cali and living in Dixon...not too far from ya. If you need some help or want to check out my truck for reference, feel free to contact me.

DesertDutchman

Dixon!!!

used to hang out there....is there still a meat packing plant there? Moore Tractor?
I had an old friend, Don Moore, worked his Bee Farm to get over my fear of bees back in 81-83....
Maybe when I go up to see the folks I'll give you a shout! Small FREAKIN' world!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks