• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from the Arkansas Ozarks & seeking a deuce

ozarkflyer

Hi, I found this great site while trying to locate a deuce to buy, I live in an off the grid house down the worst road you can imagine - steep and rutted with 5 creek crossings - I like my privacy :D - well for the first time I was unable to get home in my lifted 4x4 because of high water - maybe 3.5 feet deep and moving kinda fast - we have had way too much rain lately. I think a 13,500 pound deuce would cross with no problems. I really want one with the water fording kit, but could add that later. I have seen several on ebay that I like - but most are so far away and delivery costs are more than the cost of the truck and I am reluctant to drive one of these 1000 miles at 50 mph. Plus the uncertainty of it actually making it without breaking down! - I do want one with a title so I can take it out and show it off of course!

So please - help me find a deuce!

Thanks in advance for any future help.
Greg

oldshep

Hey greg welcome to SS! I live in Clever,Mo which isnt too far away. Due to the recent rain my buddy lost his 93 ford f350 4x4 diesel that weighed about 9000lbs! Wish the rain would let up for a while. Good luck on findin a truck

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For Sale

Greg:
I just had one of the guys at work say he drove by a Deuce for sale yesterday, it is about 50 miles morth of Russellville, AR. I can see about the price if you are interested, I think he said it was a winch truck.
James G.

mlwats1@hotmail.com

RE: deuse to buy not far away

email this posting to a friend kansas city craigslist > farm & garden
please flag with care:

miscategorized

prohibited

spam/overpost

best of craigslist
Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
6x6 2 1/2 ton truck - $3300 (Butler Mo)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-612284494@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-03-20, 4:59AM CDT

1971 6 wheel drive 2 1/2 ton truck. Military "Deuce" with diesel power for tremendous power. Would make a strong truck for moving hay, logs, or other farm or ranch work. Truck is complete and in original military condition, no modifications. Although glass has some cracks in it and the seats need recovered this is still priced below market value. 913-713-9396

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 612284494

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 2008 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum

ozarkflyer

RE: deuse to buy not far away

Well, I have been absent because I was flooded IN from the rain Thursday morning this time and no internet at the house yet. The ground is so saturated that any rain sends the creek up - so my desire for one of these beasts is growing. Thanks for the welcome and any leads you can send my way. Also if anyone near the Yellville area with a deuce wouldn't mind I sure would like to come over and get a few hours education in the basics.
Thanks again

ozarkflyer

I got one!

Well here she is - I pick her up next Saturday. The trip home will be a 400 mile ride - anyone out there want to be a lifeline between Indiana and the Ozarks in case I have any trouble? - the seller says she will make the trip - but a few deuce guys between there and here would really set my mind at ease. I can't wait to see how she climbs her way out of the haller - What size lug nut do I need to get to change a flat? This should be fun.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks