• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new from tx

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Parade forms up at the Liberty Hill Elementary at 2pm
Parade starts at 3pm, ends at Jr High
Christmas festival to follow, 4pm to 6pm

Address is 1400 Loop 332, Liberty Hill TX 78642 so you can Mapquest it for directions.

LibTimothy, were you down this way with your Pinzie on a trailer a couple of weeks ago? I was driving my Mog on a two-lane road when a nice Pinz 712 :)drool:) on a trailer went by in the opposite direction, with both of us ogling the other's vehicle, a mutual :shock: going on since neither is a common vehicle around here!

Regarding the LSMVPA...
How far west to the club's tentacles stretch?
Well, Germany was as far as we could claim in the past, but that chap moved to San Antonio so he is now "local". We do have members in other states who come by when they are down this way. There is another member, actually one of the groups founders back in the 80s, who lives up your way. I don't think there are any actual MVPA chapters closer to you, maybe the Dallas bunch?

Cheers

Last edited:

Pawnshop

WELCOME! I am in Austin and keep my Deuces at work in Cedar Park. I am going to have two vehicles in the Liberty Hill Xmas parade, come on out! If you don't have something to drive we will have lots of room to ride along, we will be easy to find (look for the green trucks:))

jackson76550

so is the parade military stuff or maybe just "unique" vehicles? i have some other unique rigs....and friends with unique vehicles that may be interested as well.

have i seen that pinzgauer at katemcy rocks?

Last edited:

Pawnshop

I think the groups involved in the parade have to reserve a spot in advance, if you show up with a group I don't think they will let you participate. If you have a MV and are going to join our club we could squeeze you in I think.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're welcome!
If you want to come down and ride in the parade (it is a short one, but fun, small town America) rather than MV it this far, you are welcome. Like Sam says, we got extra seats.

Cheers

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're welcome!
If you want to come down and ride in the parade (it is a short one, but fun, small town America) rather than MV it this far, you are welcome. Like Sam says, we got extra seats.

Cheers
Rory,
Thanks for the offer to ride along. That's what I've found in this hobby - there are always "seasoned users" willing to help a newbie get a fix or two and build his own addiction <LOL>
However, I'll have to decline that offer due to a VERY full calendar through the the New Year.
Once 2010 rolls around I'll be better able to pursue more aspects and activities of the hobby.

Have a GREAT parade, a Safe and MERRY CHRISTMAS, and a Happy New Year!
John

LibTimothy

LibTimothy, were you down this way with your Pinzie on a trailer a couple of weeks ago? I was driving my Mog on a two-lane road when a nice Pinz 712 :)drool:) on a trailer went by in the opposite direction, with both of us ogling the other's vehicle, a mutual :shock: going on since neither is a common vehicle around here!
Rory,

Sorry, but it was not me. I have not had mine south of Salado yet. And I would remember seeing a Mog.

Timothy

colbanister

Welcome to the site fellow texan...........I'm here in Amarillo. There are alot of resources in Texas for parts and information. There are two people here in amarillo that have M-35's for sale. Good Luck with your project.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks