• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from upstate ny

robhoward

HI I am new here and new to former military vehicles. I currently own a 94.5 powerstroke lifted on hmmwv 37s and I get 17 mpg with a 100hp chip. It is just a pain to drive everyday so I am looking to get a M1009 as a daily driver. I love driving my wifes bronco (9" lift on hmmwv 36s) but it gets 10 mpg on a good day. I figure a M1009 is the best of both worlds, great mpg, fun to drive and I still don't look like a tree hugger. Still looking for the right one thow. I have looked at a few and if you know about nys they love there salt. Can't seem to fins one that is not $5000 or needs 50 hours of rust repair. I live outside Albany in east greenbush and travel out to camden (by Rome on the north side of the lake) on a regular bassis.

DeucesWild11

Welcome from 2 hours south!! Go get yourself a Deuce if you don't want to look like a tree hugger.. Plus they are Multifuels! So you'll even get better gas mileage since you can burn WMO

robhoward

Welcome from 2 hours south!! Go get yourself a Deuce if you don't want to look like a tree hugger.. Plus they are Multifuels! So you'll even get better gas mileage since you can burn WMO
I would but then its just as hard to park at Walmart. Parking my f350 ext cab 8' box is the worst part of it. Looking for something easyer to drive everyday.

robhoward

Well I found one about 80 mi away. It's a little rougher than I was looking for but it was alot less than I was looking to spend ($1700) and the seller is delivering it. It needs the typical rocker work and tailgate. Glass is missing from tailgate. My biggest spot that I am worrying about is behind the front side of the quarters that support is gone.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks